So basically, I've been playing for a band for quite some time now. I've been doing pretty well although I don't seem to find it enough for the simple reason that I know I can do better.
I'm better at soloing than a lot of people in my town but the issue is soloing is not taken seriously when it comes to playing Metal/ Progressive rock. The other issue I deal with it is that when I picked up that guitar, I did a lot of theory. Now I know how to apply it but things need to be spontaneous when it comes to playing in a band. So things are made related to chord shapes and there are no names to things/ chords/ scales etc and I find that hard.
So, any inputs are welcome as to how I should approach this problem.
Quote by arshi_012

So, any inputs are welcome as to how I should approach this problem.

You should walk up to it and punch it in the face.
you learned a bunch of scales, so to sound different throw in some notes that shouldn't fit in at random times or when you feel like throwing them in. A scale is a guideline for soloing in case you "get lost" in your solo. that will definately help your improv, it helped me.
Quote by arshi_012
but the issue is soloing is not taken seriously when it comes to playing Metal

... What?
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by Vendetta16
... What?

I second your 'what'.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Not. Sure. What. OP. Is. ASKING!

*mind asplode*
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot