Page 1 of 2
Here's a link for anyone who hasn't seen:

http://oscar.go.com/nominees

I am very pleased to see Rooney Mara getting recognition for her role in Dragon Tattoo, along with the other 4 nominations for that film.

I am pleased Kung Fu Panda 2 made it for best animated film, that film really surpassed the original.

I am a bit confused why Melissa McCarthy is being nominated for her role in Bridesmaids... Basically her role was to stand there and be manly and say inappropriate things at the wrong time. Glad the film isn't being nominated for best picture which, believe it or not, there were rumors that it would. The film was terrible... but anyway.

Still havn't got round to watching Hugo yet, judging by this I need to
I didn't see any of those movies.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Don't really care. Pretty assey year for movies. And even if it wasn't, award shows ain't my thang, dawg.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
More disappointed with the lack of Senna more than anything, it's a documentary but ti's the best film I've seen in a very long time. Should at least be up for some editing awards.

Glad but surprised Mara's been nominated, she was utterly brilliant. Shame David Fincher's not been nominated for Director, or the film for best picture though. Best film I've seen this year other than Senna.

EDIT: Cars 2>>>>>>>>>Puss In Boots too.
Last edited by TEK34 at Jan 24, 2012,
All the movies in the 'best picture' category seem so fake and hollywoodish.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
lol @ Brad Pitt looking emotionlessly at the same thing when you scroll down from Moneyball to The Tree of Life
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Last edited by lushacrous at Jan 24, 2012,
How is Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close nominated for Best Picture but not Dragon Tattoo? Seriously? That movie looks God awful and them book's entire format is a rip of House of Leaves. Also it's just some whiny little kid running around Manhattan crying about his Daddy.
Gingers Unite
My local theatre never ran Hugo, I really wanted to watch it, now I'm even more irritated
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
No Fassbender, Swinton, Mortensen, Drive, Tinker Tailor, Dragon Tattoo, Brooks, Gosling, Dunst, Mulligan, etc etc etc...

But extremely loud and incredibly close is.

What the hell?
I literally didn't watch ANY of those movies. Movies suck nowadays.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Quote by Alpha_Wolf

That's quite the statement. Many great movies come out every year. Many are harder to find than just what's in your local cinema.

Quote by Random3
Oh also I havn't seen many of the films nominated for best leading or supporting actor, but come on Michael Fassbender was incredible in X Men First Class

First class? No way. He should have been nominated for best actor for Shame like he was in every other damn award show. Brilliant brilliant performance. Don't understand what the hell the academy was smoking. Can't be weed, because Lamar Shit Smith is going apeshit over that.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
First class? No way. He should have been nominated for best actor for Shame like he was in every other damn award show. Brilliant brilliant performance. Don't understand what the hell the academy was smoking. Can't be weed, because Lamar Shit Smith is going apeshit over that.

I still need to see Shame so I was refraining from commenting, but yeah he's supposed to be amazing.

I was just shocked to see such a fantastic performance in a film like X Men.
It's a ****ing farce. the whole lot of it.
Quote by Nitrate
How is Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close nominated for Best Picture but not Dragon Tattoo? Seriously? That movie looks God awful and them book's entire format is a rip of House of Leaves. Also it's just some whiny little kid running around Manhattan crying about his Daddy.

I haven't seen the movie or read the book, but I would like to point out that the movie got nominated not the book, and I don't know if it happened to you, but losing your dad in the greatest act of terrorism is a big ****ing deal actually. Kinda tears you up inside.
Quote by Alpha_Wolf

So much ignorance I can barely stand it.
Last edited by cornmancer at Jan 24, 2012,
The lack of Drive is extremely irritating. Also, no Trent Reznor for original score? I think the only two other good ones were The Artist and Rango (not sure if that was on there and I don't feel like checking, but it had a great score). War Horse's score was generic "epic" crap.

At least Rooney Mara got nominated, if she or Michelle Williams don't win I will eat whoever this Oscar is. alive.
About time Gary Oldman got nominated for an Oscar. I still can't believe this is his first time.
Quote by rockfan7
The lack of Drive is extremely irritating. Also, no Trent Reznor for original score? I think the only two other good ones were The Artist and Rango (not sure if that was on there and I don't feel like checking, but it had a great score). War Horse's score was generic "epic" crap.

At least Rooney Mara got nominated, if she or Michelle Williams don't win I will eat whoever this Oscar is. alive.

It's gotta be Williams. What an amazing performance.
Don't worry. Mara's got a huge career ahead of her. Many more nominations are to come her way.
Tree of Life should really only be up for cinematography, I watched it the other night and it was absolutely beautiful. Other than though, it fell short in my mind. The juxtaposition of scenes from outer space and a 1950's suburban family was pretentious and altogether confusing. As well, the narrative flow of the story made it impossible to tell where everything was going. Ultimately, I just did not understand what the movie was supposed to be getting at. I mean, nothing happened...
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
I've seen exactly one of these movies and it was Rango and it was marvelous and all rejoiced.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by opc100
All the nominations are films. Typical Hollywood bias.

So mainstream.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Of the Best Picture nominees, these are the only ones that really deserved it imo:

* Hugo
* Midnight in Paris
* Moneyball
* The Artist
* The Descendants
* The Tree of Life

A Separation, Drive, Melancholia & The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo should have all been there too.

Midnight in Paris needs to win everything it's nominated for.
Man, this was NOT a good year for animation.

I haven't actually seen any of those movies, but I'm already disappointed by their designs and the short clips I've seen out of them.

/biggest animation and cartoon snob ever

Quote by valacirca

Midnight in Paris needs to win everything it's nominated for.

this. it was a fantastic movie and owen wilson was like the perfect guy for the role.
Quote by CoreysMonster

I haven't actually seen any of those movies, but I'm already disappointed by their designs and the short clips I've seen out of them.

Rango is a lot better than the trailer makes it out to be, especially if you're a western fan.

I think The Artist should win everything, except for original screenplay (which Midnight in Paris deserves).
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Rango is a lot better than the trailer makes it out to be, especially if you're a western fan.

+1

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by CoreysMonster

I liked the animation in Rango (as previously stated, the only one I've seen all year) though. It really nailed the gritty western vibe in my opinion. It had a cool purposeful ugliness.
I just asked my roommate, and he also said Rango was genius.

Perhaps I've jumped to conclusions...

...naaaaaah.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I just asked my roommate, and he also said Rango was genius.

Perhaps I've jumped to conclusions...

...naaaaaah.

Watch it. If you don't like it, I'll eat a piece of paper saying "I'm a fucking idiot" and take photos. If you do, then you do. It's one of the best films of the year for sure. It's definitely not a kid's movie, either.
No Alan Rickman for Snape. I am disappoint.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Watch it. If you don't like it, I'll eat a piece of paper saying "I'm a fucking idiot" and take photos. If you do, then you do. It's one of the best films of the year for sure. It's definitely not a kid's movie, either.

I also thought it was good, I was actually quite surprised at Rango, the trailer did no justice to that film.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
How the **** does some shit silent film no ones even heard of get nominated for some much shit. Like anyone other than some pretentious idiots would have even seen it.
Page 1 of 2