What music do you listen to for specific occassions in your life.

e.g. i listen to morbid angel & hard house music for working out, Air in the bath, Bob Marley when cooking etc
I just put it on shuffle and see what happens. Except it needs to be The Smiths when I'm coming home from my mates at bumfuck o'clock. The emptiness of the streets mixed with the tunes of The Smiths is near perfection.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Drinking music used to be: Red Fang, SNFU, Modest Mouse's "The Lonesome Crowded West", Black Flag, and whatever else I was in the mood for that I could have a blast to while being wasted.

Smoking music: Hawkwind, Black Sabbath, Electric Wizard, and so on.

Driving music: Crystal Castles, Death From Above 1979, SNFU, Red Fang, Deicide's "Legion".. Or whatever else I'm in the mood for.
Most of the time its gonna be some retro rock n roll like the Faces or some T. Rex, or some Jazz for a bit of relaxation time.
However, you can stick Motown on any time, any place, and it always goes. Can never beat a bit of Marvin Gaye or Stevie Wonder
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
Anyone listen to 'fight music' when they're walking alone at night?

secretly hoping...
Right now, electronic music of all kinds mostly.
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Mars Volta for cooking.

Rancid, Motion City Soundtrack, Weerd Science, and NoFX are my main ones for woodworking.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
Black Flag

I was about to call you a total bro but then I remembered the good band is The Electric Flag.

So close.
Try riding your bike to this and then try to not feel like a badass.

I like to listen to jazz, classical, or hip hop when i'm doing homework and/or trying to chill. I don't have any other specifics regarding anything else. I just like to listen to music that I can sing while i'm driving.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Last edited by bradulator at Jan 24, 2012,
If I'm cooking something it tends to be some form of Italian or something with noodles, which reminds me of the water ways in Italy and how fancy and sunset-y it is so I tend to have a lot of Flamenco going like Sabicas, Armik, Tomatito, Escudero, etc.

I tend to play BF3 and CoD alot, but before I got into BF I would listen to music while playing CoD since it didn't really take any teamwork like BF. I would normally listen to a lot of Swedeath such as Dismember, Entombed, Carcass, Hypocrisy, etc.

If I'm really tired and just wanted to lay down and relax, then I'll listen to stuff like The Angelic Process, God Is An Astronaut, Trifonic, Rome, etc.

If I'm in a hyped up mood I tend to listen to a lot of Gothenburg inspired Metal bands like Trivium, Shadows Fall, Killswitch, etc.

If I work out I oddly listen to Cynic, Atheist, Decrepit Birth, or any progressive/tech-y Death Metal.

On my way to music lessons I tend to listen to a lot of Classical and since I'm taking Violin It's mostly Concerto's by the likes of Gemianini and Dall'abaco.
Heavy SEARCHBAR!

OT:

-Old School Metal
-Stoner Rock
-Doom Metal
-Hard Rock
-Alternative Rock
-Some Classic Rock
-50's R&B and jazz
Quote by Myaccount876
Heavy SEARCHBAR!

OT:

-Old School Metal
-Stoner Rock
-Doom Metal
-Hard Rock
-Alternative Rock
-Some Classic Rock
-50's R&B and jazz

/didn't read op

OT: I listen to surf rock and Jack Johnson and the like while studying. Other than that... I can'y really think of any.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
cee lo green, skrillex, muse, nightwish, epica, delain, kamelot, rancid, in flames, children of bodom, alestorm, primus, pain, dimmu borgir, alkaline trio, avenged sevenfold, pendulum, rage against the machine, wolfgang gartner, audioslave off the top of my head
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Lately John Frusciante, my own recordings as I'm writing an album of my own songs and TT Reuter when out/walking/on the tram.

Instrumental music when sleeping or studying. Often Brian Eno, Harry Budd, Björn Olsson or Bo Hansson.

Swedish pop/punk such as Håkan Hellström, bob hund etc when with friends/at some party.

Generally just Bob Dylan, Frusciante, Velvet Underground, The Clash, Babyshambles, Television, Pixies, My Bloody Valentine.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Usually some kind of hard rock or speed metal when driving, think Van Halen or Megadeth. Dubstep if I'm high, not the screechy hardcore stuff, just chill wobbles. If I'm home alone I'll put on Protest the Hero and run around the house, pretending I'm a superhero or something.
Whenever I'm out with friends and Summer of 69 comes up (usually by request) we'll drop everything but our beers and shout along and air guitar/drum like mad(wo)men. It's genius. I don't think any of us even actually the song.

Let's say I'm trying to study or just chill really hard I'll put on an album recommended by a UGer whose name has escaped me. Dive by Tycho. It's really good loungy music and you should listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKZBrc4VCRQ
Whatever I'm in the mood for. I'm not that difficult. I only avoid mostly death metal, dubstep, and anything in between.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
Alice in Chains-Unplugged when I'm studying
Atmosphere when I feel like shit
Mastodon when I'm feeling kickass
Chili Peppers when I want some funk
And whatever comes on my Shuffle on me Ipod
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Classical
Then jazz once in a while

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Studying for my maths exam today, I've found out progressive metal is the only thing I can listen to while doing it. TesseracT, The Human Abstract, and The Contortionist.
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
To be honest, I listen to anything except country, when I'm doing some homework or just chilling by myself.