Page 1 of 3
Meaning bands, movies, tv shows, etc. that aren't overrated, nor underrated. Their legacy/reputation is appropriate.

Probably get shit for saying this on a music forum, but I don't think The Beatles are overrated, and I think they really do live up to their reputation.

For movies, I think the Godfather parts I & II have an appropriate reputation, and so does Singin' In The Rain.

Then for TV, as far as sitcoms go, Seinfeld definitely is the best sitcom ever done. Isn't really saying a lot though.
The Beatles
Bob Dylan
Seinfeld
Godfather I and II
Starcraft - best game ever. Haven't played SC2. Don't need to. I know it's amazing too
Beethoven
Hemingway
Orwell

Are all in my opinion very deserving of the high regard and credit they've been given.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jan 24, 2012,
Seinfeld
THe Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Lord of the Rings (movies)
Indiana Jones (not the ****ing fourth one though)

I would say Arrested Development, but that is still really underrated imo.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 24, 2012,
Quote by WCPhils
Seinfeld
THe Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Lord of the Rings (movies)
Indiana Jones (not the ****ing fourth one though)
Star Wars 4-6.
Pink Floyd.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Futurama
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by BenRaah
Mezzanine, Dummy, Endtroducing

I have no idea what any of these things are.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by neidnarb11890
ITT: People name overrated things that they like.

neidnarb11890.
Oh, you said things I like?
Well then.
'Ave it.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Just because it's so controversial, I think I'll go ahead and say Ayn Rand, specifically Atlas Shrugged. Sure, it's controversial, like many great and influential things or people have been. However, I think it (and she) get a disproportionate amount of hate on this website, which doesn't surprise me.
My God, it's full of stars!
Community. ****ing awesome TV show, especially the first season.

Bacon. I mean... Just bacon, man. Cures hunger, hangovers, and probably cancer.

The internet. Has anyone ever stopped to think just how cool the internet actually is? I bet you haven't. And you should, because it's the coolest.

The Gameboy. Holy shit, what a great system.

Hoodies. Can't look bad in a hoodie, can't be uncomfortable.
Quote by TextOnTheScreen

O_O derp
Quote by Vendetta16
Futurama

Not enough, not enough...

Also,
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Quote by Most_Triumphant

They may all be DJ Shadow albums, I'm certain one is.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by TextOnTheScreen

So true.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Most_Triumphant

Massive Attack, Portishead and DJ Shadow
The Wall by Pink Floyd.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
They don't have hoodies in Vikingland?

Yes. But they are ugly and not comfortable at all.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Yes. But they are ugly and not comfortable at all.

sucks to be you then.
Quote by JD Close
Quote by Dreadnought
Just because it's so controversial, I think I'll go ahead and say Ayn Rand, specifically Atlas Shrugged. Sure, it's controversial, like many great and influential things or people have been. However, I think it (and she) get a disproportionate amount of hate on this website, which doesn't surprise me.

Ayn Rand worked very hard to earn all the vitriol I have for her. Philosophically, her work doesn't hold up, so much so that it's easy to use her own words to argue against her stances. Add in that she was completely insane (her idealized "moral man" was based mostly on a child molesting murderer) and it's hard to understand why anyone would ever respect her opinion.

I won't deny that Atlas Shrugged (and Rand in general) have had a profound effect on modern political discourse. I would argue, though, that it's been a mostly detrimental one, and one that we as a society should be embarrassed about.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix. Some can say they are overrated but they're great, Jimmy and Jimi are definately great players that have the credit they deserve.

Films, Terminator 2 judgement day is the only one I can think of and Friends is only TV show I can think of.
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely
Quote by Das_Skittles
Ayn Rand worked very hard to earn all the vitriol I have for her. Philosophically, her work doesn't hold up, so much so that it's easy to use her own words to argue against her stances. Add in that she was completely insane (her idealized "moral man" was based mostly on a child molesting murderer) and it's hard to understand why anyone would ever respect her opinion.

I won't deny that Atlas Shrugged (and Rand in general) have had a profound effect on modern political discourse. I would argue, though, that it's been a mostly detrimental one, and one that we as a society should be embarrassed about.

This kinda proves my point, I think lol
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
This kinda proves my point, I think lol

That she gets a lot of hate on this website? I guess. I've consistently maintained that Ayn Rand is a cunt since I read Atlas Shrugged

As for the influential bit, like I said, I won't dispute that. I just don't think that taking her advice was a good idea. It's sort of like Marx: the philosophy works on a small scale (ie: a few dozen people up to a few thousand), but on a macro-level it all falls apart.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Electric Guitar F T W !
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Page 1 of 3