i play guitar, but i also, until recently played clarinet. i ****ing love clarinet. leader of my school intermediate concert band and everything. almost grade 5 equivalent.

now i dropped the clarinet for financial reasons - saving the 2 grand was out of the question, so i had to rent it for 300NZD, and then pay $100 for a years worth of lessons.
problem is, i bloody LOVED the performance vibes. we were in a classy blazer and shit when we played and it was cool as man.

now another opportunity has come up - for me to play guitar in the schools jazz band. guitar, not so classy dress but still sweet, and a tour to dunedin from auckland each year, for cheap.

i need your opinions - should i try get serious with forming a rock band with a few mates, audition for jazz band (suggestions would be fo shizz), bite the bullet and buy a buffet clarinet, or save and come back to clarinet and buy next year, while giving myself this year to build some serious guitar chops?

thoughts? please?

EDIT: for those who know, would it be instead worth my time to pick up a 700 dollar 'jupiter' clarinet or the like?
Last edited by Spaztikko at Jan 24, 2012,
Clarinet. Good wind players are always welcome.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Clarinet. Good wind players are always welcome.

and paradoxical.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
turns out ive missed auditions. all guitar this year, and then purchasing a clarinet. good shit. thx all.