If I leave my amp in my car for the day in this cold Michigan weather, will it potentially damage it at all? I know to let it warm up with the standy by switch and what not but is it a good idea?
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Unless it's minus 45 you have little to worry about.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
The only foreseeable damage I see is the tubes heating up while the glass is still cold and the glass breaking. Let it get back to room temperature for a little first.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Put a blanket around the tubes to keep them warm and cozy.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
You could also stick them up yer ass if yer into that sorta thing. (i'm not but i'm sure it'll keep them warm.. if a bit iffy smelling)
gee i'm in a weird mood tonight..
Sorry TS
Quote by coolstoryangus
You could also stick them up yer ass if yer into that sorta thing. (i'm not but i'm sure it'll keep them warm.. if a bit iffy smelling)
gee i'm in a weird mood tonight..
Sorry TS

No not reallyy, it wouldn't be uncomfortable to have those up there all day during school you know? It comes with a case and stuff so it should be fine? And it's not going to be cold as I thought, only like mid to low 30s
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
It'll be fine. I'd let it get to room temp again before playing though. Doubt anything would happen either way, but if it's a tube amp I'd be paranoid that cranking away on cold tubes would shorten their life.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
What about warm weather guys? Does the heat affect the amp?
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by stealstrings
What about warm weather guys? Does the heat affect the amp?

Your capacitors could sweat producing tone leakage.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
yeah it is a tube amp so that's why i was concerned but thanks for the help!