Page 1 of 2
Hey i just got accepted into binghamton and my parents want to buy me a graduation present. They were going to buy me a laptop anyways butsince i got into binghamton they are letting me beast it out. I dont want to pass 2600, Im looking for for a screen at least 15 inches big, 1.5 gigs for graphics and overall a beast laptop. i know im not being too specific but i just want to shoutout my situation and get an opinion.
our moral compass only shows us the way it doesnt push us towars it
Give me your money and I'll build you a sweet gaming PC
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
If you want an actual tits-out-the-ass gaming computer, get a desktop. Other than that, I heard Sager does a good job with those kinds of laptops. But I'm not a computer guy at all, that's just what I've heard.
FYI TS

you could get a nice laptop and still have enough leftover to buy one beastly mother**** of a gaming desktop
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
TS, if I were you I'd get a decent laptop with good battery life then spend the rest on a desktop or a new amp. The reason is you're not going to get much educational use out of a glorified desktop w/ 45 minute battery life.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Overpriced as balls.

meh

gaming laptops in general are.

Alienware's stuff is cheaper though
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by Carswell98
meh

Well laptops would cost more because of all that heat and parts stuffed into a small space. But aren't FNW laptops like $4000?
Get a Macbook Pro. Steam works for Macs and everyone knows that Apple is obviously superior to just about everything else.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Well laptops would cost more because of all that heat and parts stuffed into a small space. But aren't FNW laptops like $4000?

yeah, top of the line ones, they do have better configuration options than a lot of other builders though.
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by Carswell98
meh

they aren't overpriced. the components might not be as good as a desktop, but they are a lot more expensive to make and to put together, so that adds to the cost.

get a sager with the 6990m instead of the gtx560m and you've got yourself an amazing laptop for 1600
http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_info&model_name=NP8150
Quote by wyldething
Get a Macbook Pro. Steam works for Macs and everyone knows that Apple is obviously superior to just about everything else.

I hope this is trolling. And I ain't even a hater, I'm typing this on my Macbook Pro.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol
I hope this is trolling. And I ain't even a hater, I'm typing this on my Macbook Pro.

¯\_(ツ_/¯

Sent from my original white Macbook (screw you rich boys and your Pros)
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
check out asus.

i picked up a gaming laptop from asus a few months ago and i love it. i can run skyrim on ultra like a boss. only cost my like $1,300 off newegg. second gen i7 processor and all that jazz.

yeah, a gaming desktop is better for the money, but i need/want a laptop and im not going to buy two computers. the only down sides ive noticed is that my laptop is as heavy as a sack of bricks and it gets pretty hot while gaming if you arent using a cooling pad. you will need a cooling pad for gaming.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Jan 24, 2012,
As has been said before, get a cheap, mid range laptop with good battery, and then build (not buy) a bitchin desktop and use that for gaming.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Get the Lenovo w520. I'm lucky enough to have one (courtesy of my school ) and they're pretty beast.

But I know shit about computers/laptops so it's probably not that great a gaming laptop
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Welcome to Binghamton.

Professors are amazing, the students are assholes.

We have a LAN every semester that has tournaments and prizes.

Also, gaming and laptops don't go together. Get desktop like a real man.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
2600 USD?

Also, does it have to be laptop? Can you go desktop? Cos if so there's so much more power you can get for the difference in money.

I just dropped £1000 GBP on a desktop PC which included everything and it's pretty ****ing powerful. Room for improvement definitely.

So I suggest building yourself.
You want to buy a computer just so you can play games? Video games? Oh heavens, the youth of today!

Play a real man's game, like Chess.
Quote by Novacane...
You want to buy a computer just so you can play games? Video games? Oh heavens, the youth of today!

Play a real man's game, like Chess.

Aren't you the one who got fingered by your best friend and enjoyed it?

I think when you didn't immediately reject the anal tampering you gave up all rights to tell anyone to "play a real man's game".
Last edited by BurningStarlV at Jan 24, 2012,
Quote by TunerAddict
Welcome to Binghamton.

Professors are amazing, the students are assholes.

We have a LAN every semester that has tournaments and prizes.

Also, gaming and laptops don't go together. Get desktop like a real man.

Could you describe campus life or the people of binghamton .also how are the parties/drugs?
our moral compass only shows us the way it doesnt push us towars it
Quote by Longcat919
Could you describe campus life or the people of binghamton .also how are the parties/drugs?

go get yourself some speedies. they are the greatest thing ever.

there isnt terribly much to do in the area. the school is on a parkway thats pretty much all restaurants and shopping centers. other than like applebees, i dont think there are any bars within walking/stumbling distance.

drugs are readily available throughout the binghamton area. from what i gather there is a decent party scene there.

i cant really speak to campus life or anything. i didnt go to binghamton, i just grew up in the area.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It needs a fog machine

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
go get yourself some speedies. they are the greatest thing ever.

there isnt terribly much to do in the area. the school is on a parkway thats pretty much all restaurants and shopping centers. other than like applebees, i dont think there are any bars within walking/stumbling distance.

drugs are readily available throughout the binghamton area. from what i gather there is a decent party scene there.

i cant really speak to campus life or anything. i didnt go to binghamton, i just grew up in the area.

Pretty much this. If you are into art (like paintings and sculptures) there is quite a bit of that in the downtown area now. Bunch of independent art galleries. I don't know what to say about campus life really, because its pretty much normal college type stuff, i.e. dorms and dining halls separated into living communities. They have different things going on at different times of the year in different communities. Bunch of new dorms just got built too, high luxury type stuff.

But Laurel, where you from? I'm from, and still live in, Windsor.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Last edited by TunerAddict at Jan 25, 2012,
http://www.ibuypower.com/IbpPages/Notebook.aspx

Also, if this is your first time, PC gaming isn't as great as everyone makes it out to be. Everyone is a stuck up hipster or 30 year old, the community is boring as shit, I feel like I'm in an MLG game or something. And WASD + mouse is uncomfortable as f*ck. I wasted 900 bucks on a gaming desktop and I'm having more fun playing Happy Wheels than anything else. Mobility > processing power, desktops get old fast. I regret dishing out that 900, I'm probably gonna sell this thing and get a half decent web-surfing laptop.
Dog House Systems imo
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It needs a fog machine

and a disco ball for those lonely nights
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
http://www.ibuypower.com/IbpPages/Notebook.aspx

Also, if this is your first time, PC gaming isn't as great as everyone makes it out to be. Everyone is a stuck up hipster or 30 year old, the community is boring as shit, I feel like I'm in an MLG game or something. And WASD + mouse is uncomfortable as f*ck. I wasted 900 bucks on a gaming desktop and I'm having more fun playing Happy Wheels than anything else. Mobility > processing power, desktops get old fast. I regret dishing out that 900, I'm probably gonna sell this thing and get a half decent web-surfing laptop.

Get a 360 controller if you hate the mouse so much, I use one for shooters like BF3, and a mouse/KB for RPGs, also the quality of your mouse and keyboard are going to have a big effect on comfort and ergonomics.
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

i built a pretty nice desktop in september that definitely has gaming written all over it. yet i don't game at all...lol but i do use it for recording and graphic design. The best part i can lazy as hell and not close anything and have a full taskbar of shit open. And my computer is still running smoothly.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Jan 25, 2012,
Quote by muffinduck01
As has been said before, get a cheap, mid range laptop with good battery, and then build (not buy) a bitchin desktop and use that for gaming.
Also this. Building computers is way cheaper than buying one.
Build a kick ass desktop for serious gaming, and with the money left get a tablet for portability.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
It took that long to suggest Alienware? It seems like you're paying a lot for the name and looks though.
BLANKBLANK
Quote by Arfey McFeeshy
It took that long to suggest Alienware? It seems like you're paying a lot for the name and looks though.

Look up the info. It seems pretty close to what he wants in a laptop. Also, the phrase "You get what you pay for" is too true it seems.
Because, Boobs
Page 1 of 2