Something I've been working on for the last week or so, entitled, "Pianocoustic" (working title only). This song has been kicking my ass over and over again, because I am completely stuck. Any opinions/critiques/ideas would be extremely helpful!

I know the quality isn't great, but it's purely demo (and MIDI, because I write all of my songs in GP5 before recording them - but I used the RSE for the guitars, so they're not too shitty!)

http://soundcloud.com/miseryfields/pianocoustic
My guitars:
Centaura CT21
2 Dean Baby Zs
Cort X1
Washburn WG587 7-String
Two Fender knockoffs
3 acoustic no-names

My basses:
Yamaha RBX170
Rogue LX205B Series II 5-String
No-name 4 string
Last edited by Miseryfields at Jan 24, 2012,
First thoughts: I paused Periphery for this. It better be good.

Ok, so the little tremolo picking part in the solo, at about 1:17-1:18; I didn't care for it, personally, BUT I liked how that section of the solo ended with the high note.

I like the little thing at 2:30. A lot.

Overall it was a bit short, but I liked it. If you want you could add in a really clean, calm, and possibly jazzy interlude in there somewhere (maybe after the first solo section?)

I liked it.
The thing is, I want to keep going with this, but I'm stuck where I am, so I'm looking for outside opinions for where I should go with this.
My guitars:
Centaura CT21
2 Dean Baby Zs
Cort X1
Washburn WG587 7-String
Two Fender knockoffs
3 acoustic no-names

My basses:
Yamaha RBX170
No-name 4 string
I see. Well like I said, you could put a little jazzy interlude in there or maybe a piano solo? That'd be interesting.
I actually quite liked the tremelo part.

As for where to go with it...I kind of agree. Some sort of really slow, piano driven bit. Almost like Disillusion's And then the Mirror Cracked. You can just have this really nice, toned down interlude and kick it back into high gear again.
Honey mustard is best mustard.
Okay, so a softer bit seems to be the popular opinion for this, so I think I'll try to go for that!

Much thanks, guys!
My guitars:
Centaura CT21
2 Dean Baby Zs
Cort X1
Washburn WG587 7-String
Two Fender knockoffs
3 acoustic no-names

My basses:
Yamaha RBX170
No-name 4 string
very cool riffs and ideas. obviously it'll sound 10 times better with everything real instead of midi but I pretty much got the idea of what your were doing. the solo was really cool and full of energy. I liked the build up around 1:30 in dynamics. It helped make the piece more dramatic. Good job
check out mines: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504681