The saddle of my Fender MIM Stratocaster has worn down and I am starting to have regular string breakage problems. What's your experience with graphtech saddles? Do they work well? Do they wear down?
I have Graphtechs on my mexican strat. they aren't String Savers, just TUSQ ones.
I love them. My Mexi saddles were wearing and I was having some breakage problems,but more tuning issues.
The TUSQs make tuning more stable, and it changed the tone of my guitar. Not badly, it just made it a bit different - more clear and tight.
I have them on a few guitars. They don't seem to wear any faster or slower than any metal saddles, though I've only had them for the last four years or so, so it'd be a bit odd if they had worn in already. But they do what they claim, I've never had a string break on them, they do seem to help vibratos stay in tune and they do fill out the tone nicely as well. Though the main reason I've started putting them on every guitar is simply because they feel more comfortable under my hand when palm muting, they've got a much nicer feel than stainless steel or brass saddles.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I put string savers on a yamaha pacifica. It used to have good sustain, now it has ridiculous sustain. The black saddle on chrome bridge looks nice. No breakage problems, I find them pretty nice, a worthy upgrade.
Quote by MrFlibble
I have them on a few guitars. They don't seem to wear any faster or slower than any metal saddles, though I've only had them for the last four years or so, so it'd be a bit odd if they had worn in already. But they do what they claim, I've never had a string break on them, they do seem to help vibratos stay in tune and they do fill out the tone nicely as well. Though the main reason I've started putting them on every guitar is simply because they feel more comfortable under my hand when palm muting, they've got a much nicer feel than stainless steel or brass saddles.

I had these on my Jag, and I have to say I agree completely with the above. I had to change the saddles (because Jag ones give you grief) and they were an improvement on its intrinsic problems but I didn't notice any massive difference. I don't tend to break strings anyway though.