And no, I don't mean pedals. I like to stamp my heel against the ground when I'm playing alone, and I was wondering how practical it would be to build like a mini cajon thing about the size of a shoebox that I could stamp my heel against while I play, preferably with a little mic or pickup in it so I could amplify it when needed.

Would it be practical? Expensive? Is there something like this that I could just buy instead? Thanks.
Check out seasick Steve. He uses exactly what your talking about. It would be very cheap to make one, some wood and a piezo element and 1/4 jack from radio shack should put you in business, if you know how to solder. Some company does make one, so you could buy one, I believe it's called the shadow stomp, can't recall the company

EDIT: the company is shadow, it's called the stompin' bass.
Last edited by SGRocker400 at Jan 24, 2012,
Wow, I had no idea that this actually existed already. Pretty cool.

I guess I'll make my own, though. Should be fun, and cheaper. Any suggestions on the type of piezo element I should buy?

And thanks for the help and the quick responses.
The cheapest one? Sorry, I don't know shit about piezos. If its just a simple stomp sound your going for, the simplest piezo should do, I bet there's even an instructable about it. Search it on instructables.com, I'm sure there's something on there.
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
Wow, I had no idea that this actually existed already. Pretty cool.

I guess I'll make my own, though. Should be fun, and cheaper. Any suggestions on the type of piezo element I should buy?

And thanks for the help and the quick responses.

just any cheap one. I just have one from radioshack inside a cigar box
You can buy a "Piezo buzzer" from radio shack. You need to crack it open to get to the element. It's just a flat disc. You wire your hot and ground and then use double sided tape to stick it inside the box. Easy peasy.
Quote by inkandlead
You can buy a "Piezo buzzer" from radio shack. You need to crack it open to get to the element. It's just a flat disc. You wire your hot and ground and then use double sided tape to stick it inside the box. Easy peasy.

speaking from experience, opening those things up is tough. buy 2 or 3 because you're gonna crack one of the buzzers.
You want one with as low a frequency response as possible (in a buzzer or disc probably about 1kHz) as it will give more boom than attack from your response
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb