Ibanez 1570 Prestige - really nice guitar. picked up for $380. immaculate except for need in to wipe some dust off. surprisingly the overall feel was very similar to my 3550MZ. however, the pickups are mediocre (common with ibanez), and the trem looked good, but don't know which trem it is. i got the case and case candy with it too.

here is something most of you don't have. here are two beautiful brass instruments, a Trumpet and Coronet. i just put them up for fun. i paid $40 for the trumpet Simba, not a well known brand. plays nice had to replace some typical wear and tare parts on it, seems of decent enough quality. the coronet is Yamaha it is an excellent instrument. really nice tone (don't know how to describe), everything was perfect, it has lost a little bit of plating, no big deal. it is probably 20 years old, and i would imagine it would be an intermedite to advance level coronet. probably costed over a grand. all i traded was an old zoom effects processor (which ironically won in a guitar competition, the next month i won it again and got a second. sold the first.), a line 6 guitar port and a Hamer case that i have been trying to sell for very cheaply for quite a while. no other guitars really fit in it other than the "z" shaped model. the only reason i had it was i made a straight trade for a 1/400 Gibson SG, he didn't have a case, so i told him i am bringing mine home (with no use except to sell for a few $$$ at some point). so i got rid of a lot of junk i didn't need, and got something fun. i was a brass player a while ago and have had an urge to start opening more musical pathways.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Woot! (:

Get it? I'm a trumpet.

/lame
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
this is the final item, i have had it for a while but didn't put up an NGD because i wanted to get used to it. it is the 8 button Digitech Looper/Delay. the looper is excellent. holds hours of tracks (i think somewhere around 20). it will take a 16 gig memory card as well so i could get a ton more. i am still learning all of the functions it offers, i figure something new every day it seems. the delays are surprisingly very nice. i was intending on buying the four button verson, but the rep on the phone said that they had a call in special and that this ended up being $25 cheaper than the four button. it is very useful and a lot of fun.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Nice!

The trem on that RG is probably an Edge Pro. That's one of the best trems Ibanez has ever made. The guitar is an RG2570VSL, made in 2006.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=275&now=3
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
Nice!

The trem on that RG is probably an Edge Pro. That's one of the best trems Ibanez has ever made. The guitar is an RG2570VSL, made in 2006.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=275&now=3

thats good news. he advertised it as an RG1570. now i know it is something even better. lol.

thanks for the information.

damn one just sold on ebay for a near double and wasn't in this good of shape. sounds like one hell of a deal.

do you think it is probably an Edge Pro because of the year or serial? or what it looks like? i like ibanez, but have never bothered too much about the tremolos, i wouldn't have purchased one that wasn't Prestige it would work well.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Jan 25, 2012,
Quote by gregs1020
congrats!

thanks. its a damn solid guitar.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
and you got horns!

horns are just bad ass.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
and you got horns!

horns are just bad ass.

finally somebody loving on them. they are fun to play. i get inspired by different instruments for different things related to the guitar. drumming is a big one, as far as metal riffing rhythms goes. piano inspires me melodically, i play a lot of natural minor on the piano. the difference in the layout inspire new licks, because they are played differently. i am excited to see what the horns do.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Nice! The bridge on that is definitely an Edge Pro. Great bridge! And seriously, I hate you for how much of a steal that thing is.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
thats good news. he advertised it as an RG1570. now i know it is something even better. lol.

thanks for the information.

damn one just sold on ebay for a near double and wasn't in this good of shape. sounds like one hell of a deal.

do you think it is probably an Edge Pro because of the year or serial? or what it looks like? i like ibanez, but have never bothered too much about the tremolos, i wouldn't have purchased one that wasn't Prestige it would work well.

Killer axes!

Yeah, that's an Edge Pro. Everything Prestige Series from around 2003-2010 is an Edge Pro. Honestly, I think those are better than the new Edge Zero trems they are using now...
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Definitely a 2570, definitely an Edge Pro, and definitely a steal. I bought my last 1570 from GC for $700.00 less than 6 months ago. It was immaculate as well, but a 2570 is worth more for sure. I prefer the newer Edge Zero w/ZPS3, but for a 2006 guitar, it's perfect. The PUPS are better than those found on the 1570 as well, but could still be replaced with better. THAT IS A STEAL! Congratulations. Horns? Wut r those?

Even though this is an NGD, and I should be wanting that Ibanez (which I do), that Nitro is so awesome...

Anyway HNG/H/PD
Where's Waldo?
pfft. Brass. Brass is not metulz. Rusting iron is metulz.

HNGD dude.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by coolstoryangus
Ya thats a 2570 nice score.

thanks. i just thought it was a 1570 because that is how he listed it. i just wanted to get another J-Craft, because i haven't been able to find a new one, and haven't seen new ones manufactured for a while, maybe its just me, but i have had my GC guy hunting down a j-craft prestige of any kind. according to him, the new guitars aren't really j-craft because that facility was damaged in the tsunami a while back. i haven't got actual official word on it, but i have have heard it a few times.

i was thinking crunchlab and luqiufire. thoughts?
also the pickups in it sound pretty good right now, would it be worth the upgrade?
i like the dimarzios in my 3550MZ, they do sound better than the 2570's pickups stock.

does anybody know much about the stock pickups?

i have heard that they were wound by dimarzio. i just don't know.

unfortunately i didn't get a chance to try it with the bigger amps since i was busy all day, and it is probably a little late now to get them where i like them.

splawns are quite loud and don't sound great at bedroom levels, and likely the ibanez would be playing through one of those.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
thanks. i just thought it was a 1570 because that is how he listed it. i just wanted to get another J-Craft, because i haven't been able to find a new one, and haven't seen new ones manufactured for a while, maybe its just me, but i have had my GC guy hunting down a j-craft prestige of any kind. according to him, the new guitars aren't really j-craft because that facility was damaged in the tsunami a while back. i haven't got actual official word on it, but i have have heard it a few times.

i was thinking crunchlab and luqiufire. thoughts?
also the pickups in it sound pretty good right now, would it be worth the upgrade?
i like the dimarzios in my 3550MZ, they do sound better than the 2570's pickups stock.

does anybody know much about the stock pickups?

i have heard that they were wound by dimarzio. i just don't know.

unfortunately i didn't get a chance to try it with the bigger amps since i was busy all day, and it is probably a little late now to get them where i like them.

splawns are quite loud and don't sound great at bedroom levels, and likely the ibanez would be playing through one of those.

I believe those pickups are made by dimarzio to Ibanez's specs, basically a higher-end Ibanez pickup. I would swap those out first chance you get.

You can't go wrong with a Super Distortion or Steve's Special in the bridge, and a PAF or Air Norton in the neck. For a single coil, you can't beat a Area pickup either.

Dimarzio has sound clips and specs on all of their pickups on their website dimarzio.com
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
I had that exact model a while back and wasnt keen on the dimarzio/ibz pups actually preferred the cheaper v series ones it was ages ago though before i had good mapz...

Crunchlab/liquifire would be a good shout. I have them in my rg and love it but it is a mahogany rg520qs so mileage could vary although they do seem to work well in most woods.

As for the j craft thing i don't think i could say.
Quote by coolstoryangus
I had that exact model a while back and wasnt keen on the dimarzio/ibz pups actually preferred the cheaper v series ones it was ages ago though before i had good mapz...

Crunchlab/liquifire would be a good shout. I have them in my rg and love it but it is a mahogany rg520qs so mileage could vary although they do seem to work well in most woods.

As for the j craft thing i don't think i could say.

i really like the Crunchlab and Liquifire and that will probably be what it is. i have a tonezone and air norton in my 3550MZ

the whole J-Craft thing i heard about was from the guy i deal with at GC. he is the only person i buy from, he takes care of me. when i got my first RG (3550MZ) a few months ago, he told me that. he has been looking for one stamped J-Craft for me since the day after i got the 3550MZ, none have turned up. however with the 3550MZ they could not find the trem arm for it and had to deal directly with japan, and i guess that is what he said. and thats why the arm took two months to come in. he actually talked to the president of the company in Japan. he took even more off of the whole purchase for me due to the slow arrival.

i really don't like those premium models and hope they don't move positions in the ibanez product hierarchy.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Agreed, about the premiums. I don't even bother with prestige (if i was to buy another ibanez) i find the best value is the MIJ ibanez before prestige.

I have a tonezone and air norton in my dy rg550 and those are quite cool too. The tone zone and crunch lab are very different so will offer a nice contrast. The liquifire and air norton on the other hand are pretty similar. All are nice pups though.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Agreed, about the premiums. I don't even bother with prestige (if i was to buy another ibanez) i find the best value is the MIJ ibanez before prestige.

I have a tonezone and air norton in my dy rg550 and those are quite cool too. The tone zone and crunch lab are very different so will offer a nice contrast. The liquifire and air norton on the other hand are pretty similar. All are nice pups though.

what would be another option for the neck, other than the liquifier or air norton. i want the two guitars to be similar enough, but distinctively different.

crunch lab and _______

i really don't like buying pickups a whole lot. i am kind of weird about it. not really sure why. i think i like to know more of an impact over what i have. i don't want to spend $150 and only like it a tiny bit more, there is a long line of stuff that would make more of a difference in my rig.

however unrelated, i will be ordering a pair of BG's for one of my Gibby LP's, Hellabucker and something else for the neck.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!