This is related to Zoot's threads about A, G and C.

I was wondering if there's any chords that you guys have problems playing. I've always had problems playing barred major chords with the root on the A string because of my massive hands. I can't ever get the note on the high E string to ring out properly, so those chords always end up being:
E---x
B---4
G---4
D---4
A---2
E---x

Post your problem chords, and help laugh at people who can't play chords correctly.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I find that Jewish ones tend to be annoying.

Seriously, just ol' A in open position is irksome. My fingers are too thing to fret the strings individually and when I barre them I mute the high E.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Last edited by Thrasher51 at Jan 24, 2012,
Yeah B and it's friends hurt my fingers.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Minor barre chords on the sixth string are a bitch
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
Playing barre chords on my classical is hard, but it helps me build finger strength.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Last edited by Trizek at Jan 25, 2012,
Power chords always give me trouble. I mean damn its hard to get my fingers into such complicated shapes. Especially in drop D.
Quote by Thrasher51

Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
those chords from the verse of interstate love song. where the hell did they come from?
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Power chords always give me trouble. I mean damn its hard to get my fingers into such complicated shapes. Especially in drop D.

Drop D? I hear it's even harder in drop C
I pride myself on my humility.
Playing barre chords based on the A string with the e string note is near impossible for me. My fingers are just too wide for that shit.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Jako215
There are some Jazz chords that I just cant pull off in succession too.

Jazz chords are jazz.
Quote by L2112Lif
This chord in "All New Materials", especially when it's played in between the riff.
E---x
B---7
G---8
D---6
A---4
E---x
Quote by Thrasher51
I honestly thought that was what this thread was going to be about.

OT: All the chords I have problems with can be attributed to my lack of practice and motivation and my tendency just to noodle around rather than play something with structure.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by Portuguese_boy
This chord in "All New Materials", especially when it's played in between the riff.
E---x
B---7
G---8
D---6
A---4
E---x

(Invalid img)
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
E---x
B---7
G---8
D---6
A---4
E---x

You just have to shift your hand down from the chord before it. Same shape.
Check out my band Disturbed
A lot of weird voicings. Also pretty much any chord Eric Johnson uses, and some weirder jazz chords.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Another chord I have problems with is:

E---x
B---8
G---7
D---6
A---7
E---x

I can play the chord on it's own with no problem, but if I'm trying to play something like the riff to I'm gonna booglarize you, baby I have problems.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by Portuguese_boy
E---x
B---7
G---8
D---6
A---4
E---x

I don't know the song so I don't know how much sense it would make within the context of the song, but you could always just do this:

x
x

That way you don't have to stretch as much
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
Quote by jetfuel495
Yeah, I mean that string skipping riff in Hour of Rats is nuts.

Least, I think it's string skipping. Been a while.

Whoa, that song is awesome.

That's one more band to add to my repertoire now...
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
I have Paul Gilbert-sized hands, and i learned how to play on an acoustic with absurd action and 12 gauge strings, so now i dont really have any trouble with chords at all really. I remember one chord used to give me a lot of trouble:

e 0
B 0
G 4
D 1
A 4
E x

but now i can even play that no problem. Big hands ftw
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I don't have one currently, but most where I have a stretch between my middle and ring finger are fairly difficult on my first try. I'm getting better with barre chords- usually playing them for a while is my difficulty, and I cramp up easily.
I don't have problems with chords any more. I'm currently having problems with unison bends though. I find them really hard to do.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
A position barre chords for me, too. I find it a real bitch to play B major, as sad as that sounds. Minor is so much easier to me, because I'm not trying to cram all my fingers together.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
A position barre chords for me, too. I find it a real bitch to play B major, as sad as that sounds. Minor is so much easier to me, because I'm not trying to cram all my fingers together.

...You know, you could just bar those three strings with your third finger instead of cramming three fingers into that little space.

Works for me, and I have giant bear paws for hands.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0