So, I have an Epiphone SG that I've been wanting to completely switch the electronics out of for a while now, and in the process of getting the parts I've acquired 5 pickups, but I have no idea which ones I want to put in the guitar.

I have a late 70's Dimarzio PAF, a 36th anniversary Dimarzio bridge, a late 70's Seymour Duncan Distortion, late 70's Seymour Duncan '59 bridge model, and a Gibson '59 Classic (Unfortunately with only 2.5" of lead wire on it).

Is there anyone who can help me figure out which two to pair? I'm just looking for a good classic rock sound with a nice clean tone. Many thanks in advance.
Do what Tom Morello does and just include a SH 124 Kill Pot...

If you can't decide what tone you want, play with a kill pot, they are real cool.
seymour duncan... anything duncan.
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
Y'know, I never actually thought of putting the original PAF and the 36th anni PAF together...
Quote by JBKapnMorg
Y'know, I never actually thought of putting the original PAF and the 36th anni PAF together...

don't do it. they sound like garbage together. also original PAFs are expensive as ****
Quote by CJ Noble
don't do it. they sound like garbage together. also original PAFs are expensive as ****

Okay, but I already have one. I picked it off a homemade guitar I got from Value Village for $125. Dang my lack of funding.

edit: well, late 70's. Not quite original.
Last edited by JBKapnMorg at Jan 25, 2012,
Seymour Duncan '59 bridge model and if the PAF 36 anniversary, providied doesn't overpower the neck and muddy up.
Quote by BigHeadClan
Seymour Duncan '59 bridge model and if the PAF 36 anniversary, providied doesn't overpower the neck and muddy up.

I totally would if they weren't both bridge pickups.