1. Mark pilot holes, drill.
2. Attach to headstock with provided screws.

Why in the hell would you want to do that? Its going to negatively affect your tone and sustain and leave a pair of ugly holes when you get smart and take it off. Just keep allen keys in your gig bag, you don't need them in the middle of a song.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Drill holes for the screws that are slightly smaller in diameter than the screws themselves. Then screw them in.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
You oughta just screw it into the backside of the headstock with the provided screws, shouldn't even need a drill if the screws are tapered.

Edit: below, double-sided tape, obvious and brilliant.
Last edited by CorvetteRick at Jan 25, 2012,
You could also just use some industrial strength double sided tape.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Hrmm, definitely starting to rethink this purchase. Oh well, at least i got a new set of allen keys cos i always lose mine
Wha..... how hard is it to screw in two screws? Sorry to be harsh but it's extremely easy.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Quote by GunsNSnakepits
Wha..... how hard is it to screw in two screws? Sorry to be harsh but it's extremely easy.

I think he just doesn;t want to modify the guitar.

double sided tape is still an option
Ah. Well a good strong tape should work.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
8 bucks for 2 allen keys... did your Home Depot close? lol
I wouldn't drill into my neck just for that. Use tape if you really want it on there. Otherwise just keep them in your bag.

-Tony
Quote by cds+stereo=life
1. Mark pilot holes, drill.
2. Attach to headstock with provided screws.

Why in the hell would you want to do that? Its going to negatively affect your tone and sustain and leave a pair of ugly holes when you get smart and take it off. Just keep allen keys in your gig bag, you don't need them in the middle of a song.

TGP called for you.

And in that same vein, that holder would add weight, theoretically increasing sustain.
Quote by CodeMonk
TGP called for you.

And in that same vein, that holder would add weight, theoretically increasing sustain.

Must. Buy. 10,000. Holders.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by CorvetteRick
You oughta just screw it into the backside of the headstock with the provided screws, shouldn't even need a drill if the screws are tapered.

Edit: below, double-sided tape, obvious and brilliant.

Nothing you do mentioned in this thread so far will affect sustain enough to hear a difference. Unless you drive the screws without drilling pilot holes.

That will likely split the wood. You get much less sustain with an unintentional 2-piece headstoc
Quote by greeny23
i'm an adbot.

What are you advertising today? Spider IIs again?
why do you need that on your headstock?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
BTW, if you take the time to stretch your strings right every string change, then there's less of a need for this. Shouldn't even have to fine tune it, much less rough tune it between string changes.

Just a good idea to keep a phillips screwdriver handy to adjust the claw for temperature changes.
Quote by jetwash69
What are you advertising today? Spider IIs again?

are you talking smack about spider II's?
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by CodeMonk
TGP called for you.

If only it were that easy. If all you had to do was screw on some weights to get sustain everyone would do it.

From my experience sustain mainly comes from the body and neck. Brighter sounding woods don't absorb the string energy as much and typically sustain longer. The body vibrates with the string rather than muting it. Warmer woods have a arguably better tone but the softer body "muddles" the vibrations and the sustain suffers a bit.

I'd argue that extra "stuff" on the guitar (pickholders, stickers, thicker finishes), especially on the body, dull the tone and kill sustain. But on the headstock... I'd doubt you'd notice a difference.

-Tony
Quote by X-plorer88
If only it were that easy. If all you had to do was screw on some weights to get sustain everyone would do it.

From my experience sustain mainly comes from the body and neck. Brighter sounding woods don't absorb the string energy as much and typically sustain longer. The body vibrates with the string rather than muting it. Warmer woods have a arguably better tone but the softer body "muddles" the vibrations and the sustain suffers a bit.

I'd argue that extra "stuff" on the guitar (pickholders, stickers, thicker finishes), especially on the body, dull the tone and kill sustain. But on the headstock... I'd doubt you'd notice a difference.

-Tony

false, it comes from weight.
mojostompboxes.com
And denser woods are typically brighter sounding. You're not wrong, but I disagree that you can just bolt on a dumbbell and get better tone dude.

-Tony
I thought the TGP comment would have been a red flag that I was being sarcastic.

I have 3 Mahogany body guitars.
1. Epiphone Les Paul
2. Gibson Explorer
3. Ibanez S570DXQM

Out of the 3, the LP is the heaviest.
It also has the best sustain.
It was also the least expensive.

As to the product in question...

I think its cool.
I have 5 allen wrench kits.
All missing one wrench.
Guess which one they are all missing...

They're like guitar picks.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jan 25, 2012,
What the hell is TGP? And if weight was the only thing that mattered in sustain then Santana would be playing a stone guitar.

I suppose it was a bit extreme, though. It probably won't make a huge difference in sustain. However, attaching allen keys to your head stock serves no earthly purpose. If your guitar falls out of tune that easily you need to target the cause of the problem, not the symptom. Unstretched strings, shitty vibrato piece, locking nut pieces that don't lock effectively, etc.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Quote by vayne92
First off no i am not an adbot.

That is exactly something and adbot WOULD say...

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I'm ordering my next guitar with no tuners. All those screw holes attaching the tuning machines are just KILLING my tone. Also, I'm hoping they can just use a tension bridge to avoid any wood loss due to mounting the tune o' matic posts.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
I'm ordering my next guitar with no tuners. All those screw holes attaching the tuning machines are just KILLING my tone. Also, I'm hoping they can just use a tension bridge to avoid any wood loss due to mounting the tune o' matic posts.

touche.

Still no reason to do this.
Quote by Powerhouse