Hey guys, I have a tube amp on the way and because I've had the Spider, I'm used to having whatever effect I want right there. What would you guys suggest as a product to run through the effects loop to give me, delay, chorus, flanger, phaser, etc but not have anything to do with distortion? I want something like a Pod but more like an all in one pedal deal. I don't want to spend a whole lot either. I don't know where to begin so I thought I ld start here.
Thanks
Seth
98' Peavey Wolfgang Special USA "Pat Pend"
Epiphone Les Paul ULTRA
Vintage V100
Fender Stickered Pinecaster Tele
Kramer 5150 Replica-GFS VEH
Fender DG41S NAT
Dean Acoustic
Peavey JSX 212
Line 6 Spider IV 150 212

EVH 5150 BUILD!
Quote by EVH-SETH
I'm starting to find that UG forum is more of a waste of time than actually helping me out. Thanks again guys.

if you say that, why are you still making threads?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Last edited by Tunder250 at Jan 25, 2012,
Quote by Tunder250
if you say that, why are you still making threads?

Because I still have hope that just a few members of society actually care and want to help me. Are we done here?
Epiphone Les Paul ULTRA
Vintage V100
Fender DG41S NAT
Dean Acoustic
Peavey JSX 212
Line 6 Spider IV 150 212

EVH 5150 BUILD!
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

Like this man here. Someone who helps me rather than sits there and questions whether I really care or if they can just randomly throw in their opinion about stupid s**t that isn't important or relevant to my subject. Thank you friend.
Epiphone Les Paul ULTRA
Vintage V100
Fender DG41S NAT
Dean Acoustic
Peavey JSX 212
Line 6 Spider IV 150 212

EVH 5150 BUILD!
Quote by gregs1020
line 6 M5 or M9?

I've never heard of those. I'm pretty sold on that Alesis quadraverb however. I'll check them out though, thank yiu
Epiphone Les Paul ULTRA
Vintage V100
Fender DG41S NAT
Dean Acoustic
Peavey JSX 212
Line 6 Spider IV 150 212

EVH 5150 BUILD!
Quote by EVH-SETH
I've never heard of those. I'm pretty sold on that Alesis quadraverb however. I'll check them out though, thank yiu

The line 6 m9 will be much better than the alesis
What is your budget? I would cast another vote for the M5, or M9 if you have the budget and want multiple effects at once (and a looper).
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by itamar100
The line 6 m9 will be much better than the alesis

I beg to differ. The reverb in a quaddy kicks the Line6's arse. The chorus in a quaddy is really lush too. And then there's the price - did you see how cheap you can pick up a Quadraverb for now?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Personally I'd go with the quadraverb. Take the money you save over the M9 and buy a small rack case and midi pedal.

You didn't list a budget, so I'm assuming you want it cheap as possible. You're not gonna beat the quadraverb in price, and still get a great sounding FX unit.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
TC Electronics G-System?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
wooo! I made Gregs sig!

Get a Line 6 M5.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by jpatan
Personally I'd go with the quadraverb. Take the money you save over the M9 and buy a small rack case and midi pedal.

You didn't list a budget, so I'm assuming you want it cheap as possible. You're not gonna beat the quadraverb in price, and still get a great sounding FX unit.

The quadraverb is exactly about the budget I'm looking for. And I don't think I'll be using much of the reveb because the amp has pretty food built in. Unless I like the verb's more. But.. Don't judge here. What is a rack mount and midi pedal? I assume rack mount is just kind of like a case deal but midi pedal? Thanks all for the discussions!!
Epiphone Les Paul ULTRA
Vintage V100
Fender DG41S NAT
Dean Acoustic
Peavey JSX 212
Line 6 Spider IV 150 212

EVH 5150 BUILD!
Quote by EVH-SETH
The quadraverb is exactly about the budget I'm looking for. And I don't think I'll be using much of the reveb because the amp has pretty food built in. Unless I like the verb's more. But.. Don't judge here. What is a rack mount and midi pedal? I assume rack mount is just kind of like a case deal but midi pedal? Thanks all for the discussions!!

a midi pedal is a footswitch/control pedal that connects using a midi intput. it'll allow you to control the quadraverb with your feet i guess.
The rack case is just something to hold the quadraverb so it's not sitting on a chair, or on top of your amp, etc.

The midi pedal will allow you to change presets on the FX unit without touching any buttons or knobs on the front panel. I use the Behringer FCB1010 for my rack rig. It's fairly cheap, and is pretty easy. Plus with an EPROM swap you can get even more advanced options.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

And so it goes
Before I had a rack I simply added two brackets to the top of my amp to hold the quaddy.
There is another option to a MIDI controller too. The quaddy has an advance function that steps through the patches and just requires a momentary footswitch like a sustain pedal for a keyboard. All you need to do is arrange it so that it advances through the patches in the order that you desire.
There is also a bypass footswitch jack as well.
And I'll bet money that you will end up using the quaddy reverb over the amp's reverb because the quaddy reverb is legendary.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
used tc electronic g major (original rather than mk2) and a behrinber foot controller will give you just about all the effects you want and will change the channel on your amp (well, the channel changing depends on your amp but it should work).
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Quote by Cathbard
Before I had a rack I simply added two brackets to the top of my amp to hold the quaddy.
There is another option to a MIDI controller too. The quaddy has an advance function that steps through the patches and just requires a momentary footswitch like a sustain pedal for a keyboard. All you need to do is arrange it so that it advances through the patches in the order that you desire.
There is also a bypass footswitch jack as well.
And I'll bet money that you will end up using the quaddy reverb over the amp's reverb because the quaddy reverb is legendary.

I probably will use it XD but id need someone to talk me through all this because im just not picking up what ya'll are putting down. Ok so

-Alesis Quadraverb CHECK
-Behringer footswitch?
-Some sort of rack mount dealio that i can put atop my head?

what ive got so far.
Epiphone Les Paul ULTRA
Vintage V100
Fender DG41S NAT
Dean Acoustic
Peavey JSX 212
Line 6 Spider IV 150 212

EVH 5150 BUILD!
The quadraverb is a rack mounted FX processor. You get a rack case like:

And you mount the module into it. The case protects the delicate electronics, and makes transporting easier.

google the behringer FCB1010. It's a midi controller that you operate by hitting switches with your foot. It sends signals via midi to the device being controlled and commands it to change presets, and turn effect blocks on or off. Some can also control channel switching on your amp (if your amp supports external switching).
Quote by tubetime86

And so it goes
The Line 6 M units are good, but the Quadraverb is more complex and more precise, with the ability to set MIDI presets. It depends on what you need or want at the time. I have a Midiverb, which is related to the Quadraverb, and it's a great unit with lots of options.

The M series are great if you want portability and simplicity, as well as value for dollar, but the Quadraverb is studio-level equipment.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by jpatan
The quadraverb is a rack mounted FX processor. You get a rack case like:

And you mount the module into it. The case protects the delicate electronics, and makes transporting easier.

google the behringer FCB1010. It's a midi controller that you operate by hitting switches with your foot. It sends signals via midi to the device being controlled and commands it to change presets, and turn effect blocks on or off. Some can also control channel switching on your amp (if your amp supports external switching).

Perfect, thank you.
Epiphone Les Paul ULTRA
Vintage V100
Fender DG41S NAT
Dean Acoustic
Peavey JSX 212
Line 6 Spider IV 150 212

EVH 5150 BUILD!
Also depends how cheap yo want to go You can pick up old Digitech 256xls(or something like it) foe like $35, and add the pedal and case. I have had one since 1992. Still use it.
What the hell!!!
This is how I run my quaddy:

My amp down the bottom there just so happened to be narrow enough to build into a cabinet which I made myself.
The top unit is a tuner. Next the quadraverb and then the classic old Roland GP-8.
I use the GP-8 as my MIDI controller with its matching footcontroller. I run the GP-8 out front of the amp and the quaddy in the loop. They are linked via MIDI so when I change the patch on the GP-8 the quaddy follows it. The GP-8 also has two footswitch simulators so it changes the amp channel as well (3 channel amp).

And for your pleasure. This is a Quadraverb with a JTM45 and a Marshall Guvn'or Mk1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O_YMLDvvnw
The greatest tone ever, bar none.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

My amp down the bottom there just so happened to be narrow enough to build into a cabinet which I made myself.
The top unit is a tuner. Next the quadraverb and then the classic old Roland GP-8.
I use the GP-8 as my MIDI controller with its matching footcontroller. I run the GP-8 out front of the amp and the quaddy in the loop. They are linked via MIDI so when I change the patch on the GP-8 the quaddy follows it. The GP-8 also has two footswitch simulators so it changes the amp channel as well (3 channel amp).

And for your pleasure. This is a Quadraverb with a JTM45 and a Marshall Guvn'or Mk1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O_YMLDvvnw
The greatest tone ever, bar none.

looks like it would sound good.
What the hell!!!
It does - and it sounds unique. Nobody else sounds like me, I like that. I'll have to do some decent recordings of it one day. It's my gigging rig.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jan 30, 2012,
Quote by Cathbard

you should spin your cab on it's side when you play.

those wheels are robbin' your low mids.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
All I care about is getting feedback across the stage and lifting the rack up to where I can get at it. Plus it sounds pretty beastly.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Thats why I took my wheels off. And the fact that the cab would move backwards when playing
What the hell!!!
That head of mine weighs a ton. My amp don't go nowhere.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
All I care about is getting feedback across the stage and lifting the rack up to where I can get at it. Plus it sounds pretty beastly.

but the toan man, the toan.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by gregs1020
but the toan man, the toan.

Does that seriously affect tone? Wow, that's crazy.
Epiphone Les Paul ULTRA
Vintage V100
Fender DG41S NAT
Dean Acoustic
Peavey JSX 212
Line 6 Spider IV 150 212

EVH 5150 BUILD!
It doesn't really. Well certainly not to the degree that you'd lug a rig like that around without casters. If anything getting it up of the ground is better but people argue the point ad nauseum. And why the argument goes on is because the difference is 40% because it's changed where it is relative to their ears and 60% in their minds.
I say bigger wheels. Get the whole thing further off the ground, not take the wheels off. Higher I say!!!
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification