Hello everyone,

I am still searching for the solo setup from artists like Avenged Sevenfold. I like to play very clean arpeggio's, also sweeps, but as clean as possible.
If anyone knows how to, please let me know :-)

Greetings,

Chuck999
Hi, I'm no pro but i would suggest getting an interface or something that allows you to record direct to your pc. I use my pod hd to record and the quality is very clean. You could also invest in micing up ur amp properly but I dont know much about that. Hope this helped.
Hi, Thanks for the advise.
I'm recording with a laptop, direct in to my Boss ME-70 pedal. It's pretty clean, but still lots of humm and hiss, but it's possible it's from to much overdrive.
Still don't have a real interface, might be a good idea to buy one :-)
Thanks for the reply :-)
Thanks for the advise, I'll try it out in the afternoon. I'll send you a message back when I tried it out. Nice songs by the way, RonHoward :-)

Greetings
Also maybe try using less overdrive and a touch of compression. One mistake I've seen a lot of people make when recording is trying to use the same amount of distortion that they do for a live show, and it's just unnecessary and sounds messy.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Sonny_sam
Also maybe try using less overdrive and a touch of compression. One mistake I've seen a lot of people make when recording is trying to use the same amount of distortion that they do for a live show, and it's just unnecessary and sounds messy.

He is right. Use much less distortion and record at a not too high volume to prevent the bad kind of distortion. If you're getting hissing even when ur not playing u shld try to use audacity or sth to get rid of the hiss.
Okay, awesome, Thank you all for the help, my solo's sound way more clean with less distortion and a compressor, still a bit of hiss, still working on it with audacity.

Thank you all :-)
try recording with no amp sims and no effects and see how much hiss/noise you are getting. that should be the lower limit of what you will get once you start adding distortion and compression. try to figure out if it is something in your digital chain causing the noise, or something in the physical chain. if you still have a lot of noise when recording completely dry, then start looking into your cables and connections to find the noise problem.