Hello S&V forum,

May I request you to critique my vocals, and provide some advice to get better?

Linky link

Now I know this little film isn't the best quality, but I think you can hear my singing clear enough.

Thanks.
My Gear:
Gibson SG Classic
Les Paul knockoff >.>
Vox VT30 with footswitch
EHX Big Muff w/ Tone Wicker
Pretty good. A little pitchy in a spot or two, but that could've been nerves. Just the usual advice sing from your diaphragm and be confident! You can never go wrong with practicing singing scales to help your ear and make sure you sing on pitch. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. And please don't take this personally, but it kinda feels a little blah put some oomph into it and have fun with it!
Allright, thanks for the advice . Yeah, I guess I was holding back a bit because of nerves. It was my first gig with this band, and a lot of things went wrong ^^'
I guess I'll get used to it with time as long as I keep practicing
My Gear:
Gibson SG Classic
Les Paul knockoff >.>
Vox VT30 with footswitch
You're an octave too low to my ears, - i know singing higher seems harder but you've gone too far the other way so it's too low for you to be able to generate much power but also your not producing enough higher frequencies meaing your voice just gets too easily overpowered by the rest of the band.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yes, practice will help you, also the more you play with the band and are on stage the nerves will start to go away and it'll be easier for you. Also, I agree about the octave thing, it's lower than normal, but if you can't sing that high, you can't. But if you can take it up the octave and sing it, it might be a little more difficult at first but it will sound better.
i actually liked the lower octave thing, it gave it a kinda industrial feel or not industrial but like yeah, something else
Yeah, my voice is quite low, and my range kinda sucks (D2-A3). I didn't even know I sounded that deep until I heard the recording >.>
I can try to sing an octave higher, but I always tend to sound forced when I do that.
My Gear:
Gibson SG Classic
Les Paul knockoff >.>
Vox VT30 with footswitch