Hello all. I recently put a waller g 100 max head on layaway at a local music store. I played it for an hour and fell in love with it. But this is going to be my replacement head in my band, and my other guitarist is rocking out a 120w xxx. I'm worried about my amp not keeping up with his, volume wise.

So I was wondering, can I connect the line out on the waller to the line in on my peavey musician head? Using that as a volume boost for the waller, to send into my cabinets? And if so, should I use speaker cable or guitar cable to connect the two heads?

This is all hypothetical, for all I know this amp could hold its own. It had a lot of balls at the music store. Worse comes to worse, I'll have something to use at home, and will have to buy another head. Both heads are 4 ohms if that helps. Thank you all in advance!

EDIT: okay, I did some google searching, and got the answer I was looking for. But was still curious. Soif I do...
Guitar>Waller>(Line out for p.a. systems)Peavey>cabinet, My waller will no longer act as a power amp, correct? The peavey will be providing all of the power. Also, I still need to know if I should use a guitar cable or speaker cable
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Last edited by grayfox1001 at Jan 25, 2012,
your head will keep up with his no problem. unlees you guys are playing arenas you will be fine. worse case scenario just get another cab to get a fuller sound which will basically make it sound louder. but you wont need to do anything you will be fine.
thank you sir! But would that work? The more you know, the better!
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Even though the head in question is a SS amp, it should still have plenty of volume to keep up. If you're cranked up THAT loud, you probably need a PA more than you need more volume.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes