Hey guys, I decided to buy a peavey vypyr, but not sure if 75w is too loud for room practice, I mean if I keep it on 1 with all the distortion and all will it sound too loud? May be a silly question but I never played on more than 15w. :P
The thing is, it's a small price difference between 30 and 75 so I figured I might use 75 for gigs as well?
"On a microscopic level, these tiny, sharp particles move through your system, attracting everything from bacteria, fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticide and drug residues, E-Coli, and heavy metals."

\m/\m/
I'd say get the 75, if it's on 1 it should be good.
Plus, (if I remember correctly) you get USB recording on the 75..
oh cool, thanks =)
"On a microscopic level, these tiny, sharp particles move through your system, attracting everything from bacteria, fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticide and drug residues, E-Coli, and heavy metals."

\m/\m/
I have a 75w Vypyr and if you just barely turn the volume knob up (like to 0.5) it's quiet enough to practice without disturbing others around you. You can also get the sanpera footswitch that goes with it and use the volume pedal which makes it very easy to get the volume to wherever you want it.
I have both, and the 75 has a "Power Sponge" that lets you reduce the "boominess" which makes it good for home use too. Plus you can use the Sanpera footpedals with it, which you cannot with the 30w. I'd recommend the 75w
Quote by leesops
Vypyr are good amps but the 75watt new is $299.99 new.

But for $349.99 you get the new Fender Super Champ X2 head.

For only being 15watts this amp can get loud or you can turn it down and practice without disturbing every one too bad.

Specs:
http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2223100000

And you'd still need to buy a cab to run it.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
I have a ton of experience with Vypyrs, and I'd recommend just going for the 30W. The 75W doesn't work in band situations anyway (I own one), so it's kind of pointless having the extra size, weight and wattage. I'm trying to sell my 75 to get a 30 and have a couple extra bucks.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i'd recommend against the vypyr all together and go with a fender mustang. the tone is 10 times better and you can use the FUSE software for amp modeling directly from your computer.
TS get the 75. For I've been using a vypyr 75 for a few years now and its just fine for te bedroom.
It doesn't sound as good when your pushing it against a drummer but its not bad either.
Quote by andrerist
i'd recommend against the vypyr all together and go with a fender mustang. the tone is 10 times better and you can use the FUSE software for amp modeling directly from your computer.

Depends on what types of tones he wants. For higher gain, the vypyrs will be better.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Id say to get the 30 if its just for home use, thats what Iv got and tbh Im thinking about getting rid of it and getting a cheap 15watt practice amp instead.

Iv found that all the effects are just not needed for home practice or home recording.
all I use home recording for is to create very basic demo's and to record riff ideas. so the quality doesnt really matter too much.

as for the gigging part Id use the money to get a decent Head like a valveking.
this is because when you start gigging you will find that headlining bands that you are supporting will provide the cab's/backline so you just need to take a head along to plug into it.
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Quote by SilverSpurs616
I have both, and the 75 has a "Power Sponge" that lets you reduce the "boominess" which makes it good for home use too. Plus you can use the Sanpera footpedals with it, which you cannot with the 30w. I'd recommend the 75w

Hm, I'm pretty sure I saw some vids on youtube of vypyr 30w with sanpera. Are you sure about that?

Anyway, we don't have many music stores here in Serbia, and the only one with peaveys don't have the 75w one, and who knows when they'll get em. So, I'll go for 30w, thanks all.

\m/\m/
Last edited by metallicafréak at Jan 25, 2012,
Quote by metallicafréak
Hey guys, I decided to buy a peavey vypyr, but not sure if 75w is too loud for room practice, I mean if I keep it on 1 with all the distortion and all will it sound too loud? May be a silly question but I never played on more than 15w. :P
The thing is, it's a small price difference between 30 and 75 so I figured I might use 75 for gigs as well?

What kind of music do you play?

Anyway, I was going to suggest the Vypyr 60 tube version. I got mine for $315. Far superior.
I have the 15. get the job done for practice. i do desire something with a bigger speaker though. doesnt seem like you can go wrong with thee vypyr.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
tube 60 is here 510€, so yeah.. I can't afford that :P

\m/\m/
Quote by metallicafréak
Hm, I'm pretty sure I saw some vids on youtube of vypyr 30w with sanpera. Are you sure about that?

My 30w doesn't have the connection/port/hole thing for the Sanpera to plug in to, although perhaps they've updated them since- mine is a few years old
Dont let the USB port be a selling point. There are WAYYY better ways to record your amp. With that said if you can find a used 60 that would be your best bet. The 75 sounds great too tho.