Page 1 of 2
Holy ****ing shit guys......... I just watched the first episode of the new season. R.I.P. Andy Whitfield he would proud of this.

If you have seen Blood and sand and the prequel gods of the arena

watch this now
no links please

if not, go watch them
no links please
I DO!!! I miss Megaupload, we'll see if this one works
My rig: ESP Eclipse II --> bulk amount of pedals --> Orange Rockerverb 50w
Nice, can't wait. I'll set my DVR to record it. thanks for the heads up, TS.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
!

Cheers for letting us know TS, I love this show.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Ali priori / Ali posteriori

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I am sick of [Ali] coming into every thread and calling someone a straight white male "haha LOOK at this STRAIGHT WHITE MALE saying THESE THINGS oh my GOODNESS"

every. single. time.
Love this show, gonna miss Andy and John Hannah though.

Did the first episode leak early or something? I thought it didn't start until Friday.

EDIT: Apparently the first episode is streaming on the Starz website. Loved the episode, Liam did a great job at taking over where Andy left off and Lucy Lawless was amazing as always.
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Jan 25, 2012,
Quote by iro-bot31
Love this show, gonna miss Andy and John Hannah though.

Did the first episode leak early or something? I thought it didn't start until Friday.

EDIT: Apparently the first episode is streaming on the Starz website. Loved the episode, Liam did a great job at taking over where Andy left off and Lucy Lawless was amazing as always.

Yup and agreed. Can't wait to watch the next episode!!!
So, there's this thing that's been bothering me:

Now that the Capua arena crumbled, will they find the body of that guy that was buried between its walls at the end of Gods of the Arena?
I think the force of the bleaches falling could cause the walls to fall too, and reveal that guy (who was a bitch).

Oh yeah and that episode was epic. Too bad I can never remember the names of the guys that die, and I'm like "Oh no, Mer...no, Ver...no,....that guy died!"
^whoah, gonzaw's posting outside of mafia

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by gonzaw
Hey, I always post outside of mafia >_>

Things are boring nowadays though (except Spartacus, which rocks).

I'd never even seen/heard of you before mafia

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
fuuuuucccckkkkkk yeeesssss 5 episodes in and gannicus has already appeared. love this show/season.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by gonzaw
Hey, I always post outside of mafia >_>

Things are boring nowadays though (except Spartacus, which rocks).

So what you're saying is basically that you don't go into the IRC which is where everyone else is.
The last few episodes have been amazing, especially the scenes in Capua. Glaber has become so much more awesome now that he's taken control by

SPOILERS

first killing Albinius, then having Ashur's men lay waste to Seppius' home and killing him.
He's still no Batiatus, but he's finally become a compelling villain. Speaking of Ashur, the actor who portrays him is fantastic. There are very few "bad guys" who have made me yearn for their death as much as Ashur.

Knowing the historical importance of Gannicus and Oenemaeus in the rebellion, it will be interesting to see how they manage to reconcile over the coming weeks.
Quote by iro-bot31
The last few episodes have been amazing, especially the scenes in Capua. Glaber has become so much more awesome now that he's taken control by

SPOILERS

first killing Albinius, then having Ashur's men lay waste to Seppius' home and killing him.
He's still no Batiatus, but he's finally become a compelling villain. Speaking of Ashur, the actor who portrays him is fantastic. There are very few "bad guys" who have made me yearn for their death as much as Ashur.

Knowing the historical importance of Gannicus and Oenemaeus in the rebellion, it will be interesting to see how they manage to reconcile over the coming weeks.

Isn't there another guy? Castus or something that's in the rebellion as well?

Anyways, I'd bet 100 denari that the season finale will be at the top of Mount Vesuvius and Spartacus killing Glaber and all that shit.
Don't know what they could do after that though.

Also, I don't know about you, but I really want Ashur to succeed
[spoilers]

Okay, so apparently the "plan" is to kill Illithia to make Glaber "pay" using the same coin, right?

But Glaber just enslaved Spartacus' wife, he didn't kill her. So wouldn't the "fair" option (if we take the "eye for an eye" approach) be to just enslave Illithia to work for them or something?

I mean, not only is killing her just like totally wrong, even for Spartacus, but it's not even the "fair" retribution that would be expected if one was to take "vengeance".
I find it odd why they killed Verinius last episode.

Didn't Verinius live longer in real life? Why would they kill him now? So we don't instantly assume that other characters will get to live (Crixus/Onomaeius/Gannicus/etc who all die later) and it takes away the tension or something?
Sportacus is way cooler than Spartacus ever could have hoped to be.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please.
season finale spoiler

dang!they really killed house on characters.6 main ones died. awesome finale though.
That was nearly as awesome as Kill Them All, just a fantastic episode all around.
season finale spoiler

I can't believe everyone involved in the birthing scene died (yes, Ilythia is dead according to an interview with Stephen DeKnight). All the schemers, gone, I wonder how they're going to keep things interesting in Rome next season. Plus, I'm really going to miss Ashur. He was one of the best villains on television in a long time.

end spoiler
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Mar 31, 2012,
SPOILERS

Omg Mira!
This shit will be so intense!

So, it's the finale and Ashur has to fight against someone to save his life.
Isn't this familiar? (hint, he will mostly use dirty tactics to slither away and will live)

Wait, why is Naevia so angry towards Ashur?
I don't remember him doing anything to her

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Ashur was so cool
I wanted him to take revenge on Glaber or something, he was the Batiatus v2
Why do they always kill the cool characters in the season finale
Imagine if Batiatus and Ashur were alive at this point?
They would have been Consul of Rome by now.

**** yeah Lucretia is a badass!
It was obvious she wasn't actually all "nice" and "fragile" this whole season.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Onomaeius
I had a feeling he would die, considering in real life he was the first one to die (from the Spartacus/Crixus/Gannicus/Onomaeius circle), and he did so in a battle with Verinius.
Since Verinius is already dead, that battle can't occur, so maybe they just skipped the whole Verinius chapter from history, meaning Ono would have died
Still

Wtf? She will throw the baby from the cliff? lol wtf?
Last edited by gonzaw at Mar 31, 2012,
Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God!

Okay I'm spent, best episode in all 3 seasons, holy crap that was intense, just....wow

EDIT: I'm really glad they decided to keep doing this series since their first episodes.
From what I recall the first 2-3 episodes of the 1st season were pretty bad.
Last edited by gonzaw at Mar 31, 2012,
That was absolutely amazing.

By the way to the guy above who said he doesn't remember Ashur doing anything to Naevia...

Erm...

He told Lucretia about her relationship with Crixus, raped her, and Lucretia made her his woman.

The whole reason Naevia was in the mines was due to Ashur.

SPOILERS

I am however very, very sad to see two of my favourite characters go, Ashur and Oenomaeus.

I thought the ending of Lucretia's story arc was perfectly done.

And of course Glaber was going to die anyway.

Going to rewatch it a few more times before season 3 anyway!
Quote by Random3
That was absolutely amazing.

By the way to the guy above who said he doesn't remember Ashur doing anything to Naevia...

Erm...

He told Lucretia about her relationship with Crixus, raped her, and Lucretia made her his woman.

The whole reason Naevia was in the mines was due to Ashur.

SPOILERS

I am however very, very sad to see two of my favourite characters go, Ashur and Oenomaeus.

I thought the ending of Lucretia's story arc was perfectly done.

And of course Glaber was going to die anyway.

Going to rewatch it a few more times before season 3 anyway!

Oh yeah, must have forgotten >_>

I forgot he told Lucretia about Crixus/Naevia.
I also loved the premiere. Not really sure why Spartacus thinks it's a good idea for him and all his generals to go on every minor skirmish or ambush, but I guess they have to or they wouldn't have all that much screentime.

Crassus showed more personality and badassery in that one episode than Glaber did in his entire tenure, I can't wait to see more of him. Julius Caesar should be coming into the show soon, hopefully he's interesting as well.
Poor trainer though
He was such a cool dude.

Yeah, Crassus seems badass, and he could even take up Spartacus in a 1v1 fight.

He also has that Batiatus/Ashur kind of scheme with the "yeah I knew Spartacus would assassinate those 2 dudes" plan.
Quote by gonzaw
...enslave Illithia to work for them or something?

oh - have to change my five fictional villians in another thread.
Si
Oh damn, this episode was just brutal. I've never had a problem with the violence on this show before, but some of the scenes tonight were tough to watch. Fantastic hour of television, though.

Caesar is awesome, tonight's episode confirmed that he's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters.
Page 1 of 2