I think this is in the right place, apologies if not!

My buddy has a small Kustom practice amp, not 15 or 30 watts as far as I know. It's also a solid state I'm fairly certain. He's recently told me he thinks his amp is dieing, he says that if he has it on for around 5 to 7 minutes, it starts to crackle softly. The crackling slowly gets worse, and doesn't seem to stop.
On top of that, when he turns it off there's a loud pop. He's hada the amp for a good 7 years or so, so I wouldn't be surprised if the amp's on its last legs.
What does problem sound like to you guys? And is there any possible method to remedy the issue?
Thanks for any help!
Sounds like a dry joint on the board. Needs somebody to go over it with a soldering iron and re-flow the joints.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Including taking it apart and putting it back together it would take a fair bit of time. I'd be surprised if you'd get out of it for less than $100. Unless you are competent enough to do it yourself it's probably not worth the trouble.
You could try cleaning the jacks but as it sounds heat related I wouldn't like your chances.

Just to be clear this is one of the little solid state Kustoms, yes?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yessir, it's a small tweed Kustom. I don't know anymore than that, haha.
Sounds like it'd probably be better to just pick something up at a Pawn Shop for the same price if not a little more.