Page 1 of 2
presenting!!!!!!!
peter91's TOP 10 PARTICLES

vote for your favourite particles!

let the battle commence!
Your penis.
Your testicles.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by LRCGUITAR
I like the Higgs Boson because its name is the closest I will ever get to a bosom.

i like anti protons. too hipster for a charge.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
All of the ones that are required to form big healthy breasts.

So most of 'em.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
QUARKS ARE SO FUCKING COOL. THEY'RE ALL LIKE "LOOK AT ME, I'M A QUARK, OH YOU CAN'T COS I'M SMALL." CHECK OUT THOSE FUCKING PARTICLES.
DAT PARTICLE
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

This should answer your question. Cookies for anyone who gets the reference.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Represent?
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Lambda because it has the word 'lamb' in it

Plus wavelengths are the shizzle.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Your penis.
Your testicles.

Normally, I get bothered when you talk about about balls/penises, because its a bit immature. but this on the other hand, actually made me laugh hysterically.
FORZA CATANIA
I guess 60% of pit monkeys clicked all the options.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Fucking quantum physics hipsters. The fact that electrons, protons, and neutrons aren't even on the list just shows how up-their-own-ass most physics pseudo-intellect dilettantes are.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
My faith in the '12ers -.-
Harry Potter is DEAD! Ehhhhh heh heeehhhh!!!
-Voldemort
Quote by Firenze
Fucking quantum physics hipsters. The fact that electrons, protons, and neutrons aren't even on the list just shows how up-their-own-ass most physics pseudo-intellect dilettantes are.

Electrons are leptons (which he misspelled as leptops)
Protons and neutrons are nucleons which are (sort of) delta baryons (but not really)
Other than that, I agree. This is a strange list. Photons and gravitons should REALLY come under "BOSONS!!!"
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Last edited by papershredder at Jan 25, 2012,
Is that physics terminology? I studied chemistry for two years at uni and never came across those concepts.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by EchoStrings
My faith in the '12ers -.-
> 11'er
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Quote by Firenze
Is that physics terminology? I studied chemistry for two years at uni and never came across those concepts.

Yeah pretty much, chemistry never really goes into sub-nuclear particles because it's not really relevant to real life. I could explain, but I doubt you want to hear about it
- - - - - - - -
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
I've got time.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
I've got time.

Well, protons and neutrons are made up of smaller, fundamental particles called quarks. There are six quarks, but the most common are 'up' and 'down' quarks. An up quark has a charge of +2/3 and a down has a charge of -1/3, so a proton is made of two ups and one down, and a neutron is made of two downs and one up. There are also strange and charm quarks, and top and bottom but they don't exist much.
Baryon = something made of 3 quarks

An electron is completely different, it's a lepton which is another family of particles entirely. There are six leptons, but again only electrons and electron neutrinos really exist.

Leptons, quarks and bosons (force carriers) make up all the fundamental particles.

Oh yeah and every lepton/quark/fermion has a corresponding antiparticle (eg antiproton, positron), with the same massive but opposite everything else, and those are spontaneously made all over the place but last for like 0.000000000000001 seconds. Have fun getting your head around that

edit: i can't believe i actually tried explaining some of this shit, i feel like a massive goon now
- - - - - - - -
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Last edited by papershredder at Jan 25, 2012,
physics is super interesting tbh
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
I only know the last two options, except I don't know their purpose.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Uh the Higgs and Bosons are completely different from each other. Just so you know.
Fill the void *bump bump bump*

You spelt lepton wrong!

Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
This list would have made more sense if you actually used some sort of proper categorization since you can't list every subatomic particle. You should have done Gauge Bosons, Leptons, Quarks, Higgs Boson and the antiparticles of the fundamental Fermions, perhaps Dark Matter too. But mixing composite particles (Mesons, Baryons) with their subatomic constituents doesn't make sense.

Quote by Victoria-R
Uh the Higgs and Bosons are completely different from each other. Just so you know.

Well, the Higgs is separate from the Gauge Bosons, but they're still all Bosonic particles.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Last edited by DonGlover at Jan 25, 2012,
Quote by DonGlover
This list would have made more sense if you actually used some sort of proper categorization since you can't list every subatomic particle.

If you saw his other posts, this shouldn't come as a surprise from him.
I'm actually suprised at the amount of votes that come from a shitty thread from a jan '12er... Kudos TS!
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
Page 1 of 2