Hey guys, I have a 6505+ 112 and use a hellraiser solo 6 which is an amazing guitar! Anyways, I am having trouble getting the right tone out of it. I'm trying to get a tone like frostbite by parkway drive or unspoken by a ghost inside. I really like that raw brutal tone, whether it be these bands or even like august burns red too.
My eq is:
pre: 6
Presence:7
Resonance:7
Low:7
Mid:4
High:6
My tone seems just kinda muddy or something, idk if if its my settings or my stock speaker or both, but I would really appreciate some feedback and eq settings that you guys use
Buy a Tubescreamer and a EQ pedal, you'll be sorted then.

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Get a clean boost to help tighten up your tone. Pretty much every metal guitarist uses one. Also might want to back off the resonance and lows?
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Your lows are too high. Cut those back, should help.

You might also need to turn your highs up a bit, even though they're already kind of high.

I usually use the "highs" on my amps as a clarity knob, rather than an EQ band. If that makes sense.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I cut the lows back and boosted the mids and that seemed to help a lot! It's not so boomy now and seems more defined. Id be curious to check out an Od pedal too and see how that "clear" boost helps.
Quote by Ultima117
I cut the lows back and boosted the mids and that seemed to help a lot! It's not so boomy now and seems more defined. Id be curious to check out an Od pedal too and see how that "clear" boost helps.

an overdrive makes all the difference in the world. i don't even know how i thought it sounded good at all before i got an od. i thought the green rhino was the perfect match for it.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Presence 9
Resonance 7
High 7
Mid 4
Low 6
Gain 2

Tubescreamer at 10 level, 0 gain and 6 tone.

Consider a tube swap and speaker swap, check out this video I made a few days ago when I did mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxEjFODhy6k

But the largest improvement will be a Tubescreamer.