So I usually have at least one coffee a day, it wakes me up in the morning and if I have work in the evening I usually have one then too, but for the last week and a half or so I just haven't felt like drinking coffee or having caffeine at all.

And then two days ago I got a headache, which got worse and turned into a migraine. I took the next day off school, and it was getting really bad until I decided to have a coffee. Then it started feeling a lot better for a while... then this morning it came back.

I did a bit of research and apparently these are caffeine withdrawal symptoms, and it can happen to anyone who has a regular intake of coffee but then stops for a while. And now it feels like unless I make myself drink coffee again, I'm gonna keep having these headaches

Anyone else had this before? Any (unprofessional) advice? How do you like your coffee?
tl;dr stopped drinking coffee got headache
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
You sir, are addicted to coffee. Congratulations on having one of the most hilarious addictions ever.

Talk to ye olde doctor.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
I'm not addicted though I genuinely don't fancy one right now
- - - - - - - -
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
I don't like coffee and I don't need caffeine to get me going.
If you don't want to rely on coffee to avoid headaches, just man up for the first while and the withdrawal symptom might go away.
lol, if its only a couple cups a day your fine. My high point was like between 5-10 cups a day with 1-2 monsters. When i quit as part of a bet, i ended up sick and throwing up at work on day 3. Needless to say i lost the bet and started caffein again. If you just get headaches your fine, if your closer to me; reduce slowly, very slowly or shit will hit the fan
Totally. I'm back on coffee again. The two weeks when I gave up coffee were hell. School took way to long and I didn't learn anything in my first three classes. Now I'm actually awake and I know what's going on in school.
Start by stepping down to something with less caffeine. And don't use it to get the caffeine rush, only to quell the headache.

And yeah, you might not be psychologically addicted, but you can't have withdrawal symptoms without an addiction.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Well, shit. I guess I'll just have a small one >_>
- - - - - - - -
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
I miss caffeine.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I drank coffee for a long time and decided to quit last year. It took a couple of weeks for slowly reducing intake every day to get off of it.

Then I hooked again after a 5 month layoff. I was able to quit again with cold turkey and aspirin.
Quote by matt062286
I was able to quit again with cold turkey and aspirin.

Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I get headaches from caffeine withdrawal often. Excedrin Migraine works for me.
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
I only have coffee on the days that I have class at 8:30. I don't handle caffeine very well, so i can only drink it 13 hours before i want to sleep.
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
I stopped because I ended up staying up for a little over 3 days. I haven't had any headaches though, but I've been drinking coffee religiously lately.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I stopped because I ended up staying up for a little over 3 days.

Wow, impressive I went one night without any sleep once, I was so weird the next day, almost certainly thanks to caffeine
- - - - - - - -
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
ITT: People don't understand the differences between chemical and physical/psychological addictions.
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
If you have a headache drink some water and put something cold on the back of your neck. If one doesn't work, the other will. An empty bottle you can fill up is ideal for this task.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

You have three options:

1) Stop being a pussy
2) Quit caffeine altogether
3) Drink coffee multiple times a day, everyday
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by papershredder
So I usually have at least one coffee a day, it wakes me up in the morning and if I have work in the evening I usually have one then too, but for the last week and a half or so I just haven't felt like drinking coffee or having caffeine at all.

And then two days ago I got a headache, which got worse and turned into a migraine. I took the next day off school, and it was getting really bad until I decided to have a coffee. Then it started feeling a lot better for a while... then this morning it came back.

I did a bit of research and apparently these are caffeine withdrawal symptoms, and it can happen to anyone who has a regular intake of coffee but then stops for a while. And now it feels like unless I make myself drink coffee again, I'm gonna keep having these headaches

Anyone else had this before? Any (unprofessional) advice? How do you like your coffee?
tl;dr stopped drinking coffee got headache

You might be physically addicted to caffeine. My professor has it so bad he always has 200 mg caffeine tablets with him at all times.

You may consider weaning yourself off by decreasing your intake by 25% every 2-5 days, depending how you feel.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Caffieine... I don't know...

I prefer ginseng.

Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.