First post here because I'm quite helpless at looking for good amps that have the sound to play good ol' 'tallica.

As stated in the title - I'm lookin' for a new amp. Should be a lot better than a damn Kuston Dart10 FX 25W. Maybe something like a 2x12" and a pedal for channel switching should be in that.

Budget? - Isn't that much though but roughly 200-250€ is all I could spare - Being a student is...harsh :P

Genres? - Thrash Metal - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and such but should be able to do some warm, clean sounds too.

New or Used? - Doesn't matter for me; shouldn't be a used to death amp tho.

Home or Gig? - Home and Gig.

Closest City? - Don't know what this should help for but...around Kempten, Bavaria, Germany. *

Current Gear? - Kustom Dart10FX 25W

* And it would be appreciated if I can order it somewhere in the internet because I don't have a good guitar center around.

Thank you very much in advance and if you need some more infos, just write them down and spare me - I'm kinda a newbie. =] \m/
It depends,but if you are looking for sound like the bands you mentioned, I´d really suggest marshall. USED marshall.
That's a pretty low budget, and you'll not get a good valve amp for it. I think your best bet at that price is a solid state peavey, look at the Vypyr and the Bandit 112.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Well I guess you want a tubeamp, and for that budget i would suggest a bugera v22. loud enough for gigging, good sound from what i've heard, but not an extreme metaloverdrive, but thats what pedals are for right? only problem with bugera is that they aren't very reliable, but that was years ago, don't know about there current situation. costs 259 new at thomann.de, which is located in germany, had good experiences with them. hope this helps! ps has a footswitchable channel.
If you say so...But...I have no idea where to start :/ I mean, what should I look for? It's quite hard if I don't get any suggestions. :/
Not all of them, the MG series are cheap and don't suck like they used to. Don't expect the god-tone either though.

EDIT: in reference to Marshall, although used is a better choice.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Last edited by WarriorArtist94 at Jan 25, 2012,
Quote by RaspberryPouncy
If you say so...But...I have no idea where to start :/ I mean, what should I look for? It's quite hard if I don't get any suggestions. :/

Sorry for double posting, but seriously if you do one google search for what amps those bands used during eras you liked their album tone, you'll find Marshall JCM800/900 for Megadeth and Slayer and Mesa Mark IV/Dual/Trilpe rec for metallica. Done.

In short- Get a used JCM.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...