Hey guys, I have a gibson lp and I'm wondering if the truss rod needs adjusting. I can fit an a4 blank sheet folded in half in the gap in the 7th fret when I hold the 1st and 15th fret. I know its not the most accurate measurement system but it should give you a fair idea.

Cheers
What the actual fuck

Do you have fret buzz anywhere?
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
unless it's unconfortable to play it or you have fret buzz, don't touch it.
Lordwaltaa calm down, I was only asking because I dont know! Thanks for the feed back though, only when I set the action very low but I prefer it high so no.
The range for a neck relief is quite narrow so your little method of measurement is basically useless. Go get a feeler gauge set for a few bucks and measure it there.
I guess the backlash you're getting is because you've given no information (other than a piece of paper not fitting) as the source for the question.

It'd be like asking, "Is this beer bad? I can't float a spoon on the head of it..." The average person would probably want to hit me in the head with a shovel because I didn't mention anything about the actual "performance" of the beer. Does it smell bad? Taste bad? Is it flat? Is it discolored? You know -- actual information about the beer...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Ok. I'm gonna come back with a series of drawings, stay put.
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Don't worry about the drawings, man. Is the guitar playing poorly in some way? Is there something wrong that you're trying to fix? Is it acting weird so you're trying to correct it? If not, there's nothing to worry about...
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
This is a part of a manual that was included with my Mayones guitar, it has helped me set up many guitars in the past, I hope this helps.

Note: do NOT screw with the shruss rod unless you REALLY have to. If you're not certain, take it to a tech. This could fvck up your guitar pretty bad.

Quote by richardlpalmer
I guess the backlash you're getting is because you've given no information (other than a piece of paper not fitting) as the source for the question.

It'd be like asking, "Is this beer bad? I can't float a spoon on the head of it..." The average person would probably want to hit me in the head with a shovel because I didn't mention anything about the actual "performance" of the beer. Does it smell bad? Taste bad? Is it flat? Is it discolored? You know -- actual information about the beer...

Now you have my full attention. How many IBUs?
Quote by thehikingdude
Now you have my full attention. How many IBUs?

See! Now I've gone and unnecessarily alarmed a Pacific Northwesterner.

Nothing to see here folks. I'm just going to administer a quick tankard of an Imperial IPA to keep him breathing and everything will be fine...
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
Yeah theres quite a bit of buzz on the E string, mostly around the 9th fret. The action is higher at the low e than the high, so I was wondering if this is a truss rod problem.