Alright, I don't know if there's a sticky on this, but I want to listen to the Yardbirds. What I'm asking for is not album names and all that, but can anyone direct me to as to what exactly drove them to start creating the music they did, and why they became genre definitions, literally?
The yardbirds did start the carreers of Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, and Jimmy Page.
Quote by narinderkapur
Alright, I don't know if there's a sticky on this, but I want to listen to the Yardbirds. What I'm asking for is not album names and all that, but can anyone direct me to as to what exactly drove them to start creating the music they did, and why they became genre definitions, literally?

the yardbird started out as another blues based band in the beginning (eric clapton era). when they switched to jeff beck they started to go in a more pop direction. jeff wasn't a blues purist and did more experimenting than eric had. this proved to be popular and sell records so they continued in that direction. it's a shame that they didn't write more original songs as the ones they did tended to be really good. Page just kept going in that direction with them but the band proved to be kinda limiting musician wise (especially singer keith relf).