Page 1 of 2
Warm beer? Is that a joke?

As close to ice as possible without mixing with the density/shape of it.

Hoegardeen. Yes please.

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jan 25, 2012,
I live in England, and I know nobody, and I mean NOBODY, who drinks warm beer.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
Warm beer is rank, no bar here serves warm beer off the tap... but.........
England's cold this time of the year, so, it doesn't really make a difference.
Quote by GazzaCee
I live in England, and I know nobody, and I mean NOBODY, who drinks warm beer.

i could be mistaken using the word "warm" but i've always been told that the beer in england is served significantly warmer than here in the U.S.
Quote by andrerist
i could be mistaken using the word "warm" but i've always been told that the beer in england is served significantly warmer than here in the U.S.

....Why in the world would it be?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
What? Beer in England is cold. Hence the term "off for a cold one".
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I live in England. Never had a warm beer. Maybe a warm ale.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Warm beer?

Next thing you'll say is that the English don't have their own written lawbook!

But seriously, no-one likes warm beer. This is coming from a guy who actually drank 0,5 liter after it was in a microwave.
"One common misconception of beer served in the United Kingdom concerns the serving temperature: it is believed that British beer is served warm. In reality, beer in the UK is usually served at cellar temperature (between 10–14 °C (50–57 °F)[citation needed], which is often carefully controlled in a modern-day pub, although the temperature can naturally fluctuate with the seasons."

pulled from wikipedia.

average here i think is between 36 and 34F
Do you mean beer or lager?
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
I've never been to a bar or pub here in England thats served beer which is anything other than ice cold
Quote by andrerist

they're always confusing it with ale which shouldn't be drunk 'ice' cold as you can't taste anything that cold. ale is always served slightly chilled everywhere, which may seem 'warm' in comparison to some 'ice cold' lager, it'll still be colder than room temperature though. think of it like trying to appreciate the taste of a wine when your tongue is frozen over.

basically ale =/= american beer
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
No-one serves their beer warm. Ireland OR England. Research stuff before making cultural assumptions.. Typical yanks..

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Hoegaarden

YES! Oh god YES!
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Warm beer? Is that a joke?

As close to ice as possible without mixing with the density/shape of it.

Hoegardeen. Yes please.

Hoegaarden is tits.
Yeah. Maybe we're not quite as fussy in England, but it's gotta be cool at least. Nice and cold is preferable by most.
i think there's a bit of a loss in translation. what might be called beer in the U.S, might be called Lager here in the UK. at least that's how i think it works. whereas Ale is served cold but not as cold as beer.
Last edited by callumbloodpuke at Jan 25, 2012,
Quote by callumbloodpuke
^ yeh.
i think there's a bit of a loss in translation. what might be called beer in the U.S, might be called Lager here in the UK. at least that's how i think it works. whereas Ale is served cold but not as cold as beer.

Basically that.
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
We still drink lager cold in England, just like everywhere else in the world does.

It's only cause we have a good history of brewing ales which as several people above have mentioned, is served slightly warmer (but still much less than room temperature), that we seem to have gained a reputation of drinking all our beer warm.

I can highly recommend if you get the chance to come to the UK, to try the ales in our pubs. There are literally thousands of different ales, some of which can only be found at a single pub (usually the same place it's brewed).

Anyway, must go, my beer's beginning to boil in the microwave.
Quote by JohnRegular
Yeah. Maybe we're not quite as fussy in England, but it's gotta be cool at least. Nice and cold is preferable by most.

If I was down the pub with the lads, and someone got a warm pint, there would be uproar!

Stout is served warm-ish, but should still be served cool.
Bertolt Bretcht

Ice cold stout is so weird.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by KirkMetallica
No-one serves their beer warm. Ireland OR England. Research stuff before making cultural assumptions.. Typical yanks..

Meh, some do. Depends on what you mean by warm, I mean, obviously it's not heated, but it can be served at room temperature. Porterhouse for instance will serve a pint of Plain from the Cask, which is at room temperature (and gorgeous).

Remember when Diagio had all that trouble when they introduced Guinness Extra Cold and all the bars demanded a warm tap also as their more elderly customers didn't trust the cold Guinness (rightly so really).
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Meh, some do. Depends on what you mean by warm, I mean, obviously it's not heated, but it can be served at room temperature. Porterhouse for instance will serve a pint of Plain from the Cask, which is at room temperature (and gorgeous).

Remember when Diagio had all that trouble when they introduced Guinness Extra Cold and all the bars demanded a warm tap also as their more elderly customers didn't trust the cold Guinness (rightly so really).

Stout is served unchilled, but just under room temperature, if memory serves me right, been a few weeks since my last pint of stout.

But by warm, I assume they mean room temperature, and I haven't come across a pub that would think of serving lager warm.
Bertolt Bretcht

Last edited by KirkMetallica at Jan 25, 2012,
Quote by theguitarist
basically ale =/= american beer

you dumb, you so dumb, fo real.

i dont like my beer warm, but i dont like it ice cold either. i like it somewhere in the middle. pleasantly cool.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Where the fuck in England did you go that served WARM BEER?

WARM. BEER.

Nobody serves warm beer here, you ignorant prick. That kind of blasphemy would get you hung, drawn and quartered.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by BeefWellington
Where the fuck in England did you go that served WARM BEER?

WARM. BEER.

Nobody serves warm beer here, you ignorant prick. That kind of blasphemy would get you hung, drawn and quartered.

This is how the UK feel about warm beer.

Quote by KirkMetallica
Stout is served unchilled, but just under room temperature, if memory serves me right, been a few weeks since my last pint of stout.

But by warm, I assume they mean room temperature, and I haven't come across a pub that would think of serving lager warm.

The pub in which I work serves it at cellar temperature.
Porterhouse (and some other pubs) will serve it at room temperature, as the cask literally just sits there on the table.

Lager would be fairly undrinkable at room temperature even. It's only for Stouts really.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
you dumb, you so dumb, fo real.

i dont like my beer warm, but i dont like it ice cold either. i like it somewhere in the middle. pleasantly cool.

you know what I meant.

ale =/= lager

better?
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Here's a drink ladies and gentlemen

Makes you smell like you have a yeast infection but so damn good.

Ew.

Actually, I've never had it, it might be nice. I prefer my IPAs.

guess i sparked one hell of a controversy huh?

well to give some background to y this thought came up, i was watching top gear the other day and tanner foust mentioned warm beer in england. i'm going to ireland for my graduation gift so i thought i'd try and get the truth to this matter
Quote by goest

Quote by Axelfox
Page 1 of 2