ok, so I'm running a fender tele through a hot rod deluxe and obviously my tone has TONS of highs lol but problem is I hate that harsh high end sound, I like a warmer more flat and natural sounding tone. how can I fix this problem? compressor? new pickups? new tubes? and NO i don't wanna get a new guitar and NO i don't want a new amp. thank
Have you tried rolling back the tone on you guitar and treble on your amp?
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
or turn down the tone on your guitar

or up the bass and lower the treble on your amp

EQ pedal

that's 3 big options without even touching your pickups or tubes.
I've tried it all, when i have like a clean tone and I'm playing some rhythm stuff i still get that real harsh sounding highs, I'm gonna try lowering the pickup a bit on the treble side and if not i really think a compressor might be the answer....not sure tho
I believe the tone knob on your guitar is the way to go.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Tone knob, that's why it's there... but I have to ask, if you don't like a very toppy tone, then why on earth do you rock a Telecaster in the first place? : O
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
hate harsh highs

not willing to do anything substantial to change these harsh highs

Enjoy your harsh highs, I suppose?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
if you've tried twiddling and it didn't work, try swapping out the speaker

that's about the biggest difference you're gonna get from any one component. get a darker-voiced speaker and it should help a lot.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by j1o1s1h1b1
ok, so I'm running a fender tele through a hot rod deluxe and obviously my tone has TONS of highs lol but problem is I hate that harsh high end sound, I like a warmer more flat and natural sounding tone. how can I fix this problem? compressor? new pickups? new tubes? and NO i don't wanna get a new guitar and NO i don't want a new amp. thank

Are you serious?

The HRD has a presence knob that rolls off highs. When it's all the way down, I find it rolls them off too much.

Also, I find the best EQ settings (Mid, Bass, Treble) are at midnight. I use this configuration with every amp.
I don't know if this is too obvious, but what pickup are you using? I can see your bridge pickup being harsh through that amp, but your neck pickup should get you a pretty warm sound.