Page 1 of 2
I was hanging out with my friend today we were at the mall looking at clothes stuff, and then he told me he had to tell me something important, I asked him what is it, he said that he is gay and has been for the last few years he just never had the guts to tell anyone and I am the first person that he told it to.

I'm really not sure what to do about this, I told him to tell parents but he said that his father would kill him.

Help me.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
If he didn't have the guts to tell you until after a few years I doubt he's your best friend.

Also, it's you right?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Take him to straight camp. Gays are disgusting.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Y'all should make a great couple.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Give me his name and I'll tell some people for him.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Do you need to do anything?
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
My best friend in elementary turned out to be gay...sucha tool. Not because he's gay, just because he's a tool.
Ya that happened to me too. I was also the first person he'd told.
I didn't really care, makes no difference to me if he wants to **** dudes, in fact it just explained some of his behaviour when we were teenagers (being inexplicably unable to hold onto a girlfriend, despite being charming and handsome)

If he doesn't want to tell his parents then he shouldn't, at least not until he's financially independent. If there's any chance they would cut him off then he certainly shouldn't.

I'm really not sure what the problem is to be honest? What kind of help are you seeking? He's gay, whoop dee fucking doo.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Jan 25, 2012,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
If he didn't have the guts to tell you until after a few years I doubt he's your best friend.

thi-- wait, what? I think that's unfair to say.
#DTWD
You should tell him sternly that you enjoyed your friendship but you should meet other people.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Why exactly do you need help? What do you 'need' to do?

To help him tell more people I guess, or to stop being such a fag.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Uh oh. He's gay. Youre gonna have to go to different spots and wear gloves and masks and shit, and get him to start taking prescribed medication.

orrrrr do nothing because he's gay. So what if he's gay? It's not like he's got lyme disease or something. He just likes guys. So what?
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Post his name.

You can tell them I took it by force.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Rape him.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Friendzone him.

Tell him you know what it feels like going through that expect that you dont.
Quote by lushacrous
Post his name.

You can tell them I took it by force.

His anal virginity?
And you're jewish, shit happens.

But srsly, just support him as much as you can. It depends if he has a good enough relationship with his mother to confide in her first.
There's not that much you CAN do really, if not support him. Unless you fear for his safety because of his father (but i hope he isn't THAT much of a dick), he has every right to be who he is. If he isn't going to hide it he should stand up to his father.

IDK, it depends a lot on the dynamics of his family tho :/
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

He knows his own parents, if they'll make his life a living hell then he shouldn't tell them. I've known enough people who have had their lives made that way due to parents / friends turning on them over this.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

He'll tell people when he's ready, there's not really much you can do to speed that process along. He's better off being comfortable with himself first before he does it, as some people are complete assholes.

Once one person is told it becomes easier. The first person allays one's fears of "all my relationships will change once I tell people" by, you know, not changing around him/her. And that process then snowballs. So that's the best thing you can do, continue on exactly as before.

With my friend people pretty much just guessed once he started dressing fashionably and fucking dudes.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
One of my three best friends is gay, too. No one cares.

He can come out to his parents whenever he feels comfortable with it. Some people take years to do it.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

I'm really not sure what to do about this

Help me.

I've had two of my friends come out during high school. One came out at a block party I had not attended, and one came out to me during a car ride.

The best thing that you can do, is be supportive, and be non-judgmental. It may be weird for a while. My relationship (non-romantic, you weirdo) with both of them wasn't the same, but it wasn't any better or worse. He may act a little different, or he may not.
If I were you, I would just treat him like you always have, and try and be supportive.
It may seem right now, like everything is going to change, or be weird or uncomfortable, but in reality, it's not that big of a deal.

ya or zuck hiz dick lololol.
Last edited by Pandawithapick at Jan 25, 2012,
Yeah seriously, this didn't need a thread. You shouldn't force him to tell anybody else, he can do what he wants when he wants. So your two options are:

a. Continue to be friends with him or
b. Stop being friends with him

Your choice will reflect the kind of person you are.
Quote by raoooos
Yeah seriously, this didn't need a thread. You shouldn't force him to tell anybody else, he can do what he wants when he wants. So your two options are:

a. Continue to be friends with him or
b. Stop being friends with him

Your choice will reflect the kind of person you are.

If I choose not to be friends with him what does that say about me?
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I never understood why this was such a big issue for the receiving end. Like..what help do you want ? Its not a big deal. I think id be more concerned if my friend came out and told me they secretly liked Twilight. Now THAT would be a big deal.

Anywho though, where is the problem at? Why does he have to tell more people? I dont get it.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
If I choose not to be friends with him what does that say about me?

Are you even considering that option?
Do nothing. It's his business who he wants to screw. It doesn't have to define you. He just wants to stick his dick into a man instead of a woman.

Anyways, if you didn't know he was gay by then, then why should that knowledge change anything?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
I never understood why this was such a big issue for the receiving end. Like..what help do you want ? Its not a big deal. I think id be more concerned if my friend came out and told me they secretly liked Twilight. Now THAT would be a big deal.

Anywho though, where is the problem at? Why does he have to tell more people? I dont get it.

Jewchords is probably worried that his friend is going to make a pass at him. As if anyone would make a pass at him.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Put up posters with "name" and "...is gay" around your block so everyone knows it. This way your friend doesn't tell them personally. He will be forever grateful.
Quote by shmeegle
he told you first. you'r gonna have to suck his dick. It's the rules.

This is true. Suck it....
Microsoft Works...there's and oxymoron for you.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Put up posters with "name" and "...is gay" around your block so everyone knows it. This way your friend doesn't tell them personally. He will be forever gayfull.

FTFY
I didnt know you and Novocane were friends irl
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Page 1 of 2