I have a gretsch 5120 hollowbody and this fell out of it. The electronics still work but im not sure what it is.
Attachments:
Picture0004.jpg
Specifically, it's a jack washer. It's part of your guitar's input jack assembly, it's not really necessary, but the fact that it fell out may be indicative of a larger problem. Just to be safe, if I were you I'd take the jack out (not remove it or anything) and examine it for any loose connections or damage.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
As long as all of your pots, switches, and jacks are secure and everything is working, I wouldn't worry about it... probably got dropped inside during assembly and maybe got lodged somewhere and finally fell loose.
Quote by kangaxxter
Specifically, it's a jack washer. It's part of your guitar's input jack assembly, it's not really necessary, but the fact that it fell out may be indicative of a larger problem. Just to be safe, if I were you I'd take the jack out (not remove it or anything) and examine it for any loose connections or damage.

Yeah ive noticed now that the jack nut on the outside of the guitar keeps coming loose and needs tightened do you think that the washer has anything to do with it
Yes. Surely. If your up to the challenge you can unscrew it completely, fish it out to the f hole, put washer back on (teeth pointing to wood) and get it back to position.

Its a pain in the ass, but if you ties some string around the jack threads its not too bad. Take it in to a shop if you have any doubts about doing this.