in the middle of playing, my high E springs out of tune more than a semitone and its really annoying. I was playing some satch and i thought it could of been the high bends. so i tried some chords and still it happens. i have a fender blacktop strat with 9-46's on it if it matters
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Have you changed your strings recently? It is possible it didn't get wound properly or was not stretched.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
yeah around 2 weeks ago, but its wound properly and i stretched it like hell. its not been doing it again since i put this up, but still, its not holding very well in general. ill take it to a music store to see if its all okay soon.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Strings matter a lot, you're right to mention them. Some hold the pitch better than others. If strings are good (like Elixir, Ernie Ball, D'Addario, Rotosound), then it's either the high E tuning peg or its saddle. Probably the tuning peg, stock Fender tuners are quite crappy (no offence, your guitar is good, but some of its parts aren't top notch). If you play satches, have you considered replacing the tuning pegs by locking ones? (But I'm afraid it won't be solving the problem: since JS uses only double locking FR tremolos, anything below that won't be good enough: you might slve the tuning peg problem, but develop a saddle one.)
Even the nut might de-tune the guitar, but this is for yopu to check just in case everything else turns to cut it perfectly.
It's possible your high e string is sticking within the nut groove and the tension above the nut is slightly different to the tension below. Then when you bend the string 'springs' out of tune as it unsticks and the tensions release.

Get some graphite (finely shave some lead off the end of a pencil) and fill the nut groove with it. Also fill the saddle groove with it. Put the string back on.

See if that helps. If it doesn't, then your tuner just isn't doing the job for you
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Something else to check, your tuner (unless you have a locking nut, in which case it'd be the bridge tuner). I played a mid-70's MIJ Strat that would just slip on occassion. It really needed to be replaced (in my case it wasn't adjustable for tension).
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Something is allowing the string to move.... If you've got 3 to 6 winds on the tuning peg, it shouldn't be moving at all... on my Strat, there is a screw on the end of the tuners... snug them down... don't torque on them... just make sure they're snug... If it keeps going out of tune... and always down, something will give eventually and show you where the problem is...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
its not got locking tuners, i was thinking on buying them soon though. I always put graphite on my nuts(no innuendo intended) when i restring. its probably these crappy tuners.
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
its not got locking tuners, i was thinking on buying them soon though. I always put graphite on my nuts(no innuendo intended) when i restring. its probably these crappy tuners.

Nut, singular. Not plural.

You don't need locking tuners to diagnose & stop this problem. Did you tighten the tuner(s) so they take more force to turn? If not, start there.
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Agree with the above. If your tuner has a flathead screw slot, tighten it just a tad. After that, Id say restring it and put extra winds on the peg.