Hey guys,

Im looking into buying either the pod hd500 or the pod hd.

do they have the same features?
or is the pod hd better sounding?
or visa versa?
which one should I be better off buying?
Same thing...?

The 500 is the top spec floor board model and the HD PRO is the rack mount version.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Pod HD500. Just cause the Bean is freaking ugly. If you look hard enough and are patient enough, you can find a used HD500 for the price of the Pod HD. Maybe even less.

Quote by Tom 1.0
Same thing...?

The 500 is the top spec floor board model and the HD PRO is the rack mount version.

I think he is referring to the HD Desktop. Line 6 has a terrible naming scheme.

But yes, they will sound the same. The more you pay, the more inputs and outputs you get and the form factor changes.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Last edited by lemurflames at Jan 25, 2012,
Quote by lemurflames
Pod HD500. Just cause the Bean is freaking ugly. If you look hard enough and are patient enough, you can find a used HD500 for the price of the Pod HD. Maybe even less.

I think he is referring to the HD Desktop. Line 6 has a terrible naming scheme.

But yes, they will sound the same. The more you pay, the more inputs and outputs you get and the form factor changes.

Unless you go used, the bean will always e cheaper, i bought mine brand new with full warranty and sealed box for 320$. An hd500 wouldve cost close to 600 new

But rhat only dofference is hardware
Quote by Seanthesheep
Unless you go used, the bean will always e cheaper, i bought mine brand new with full warranty and sealed box for 320$. An hd500 wouldve cost close to 600 new

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/msg/2804460629.html

Too bad you don't live near me.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by ThtGuyOvrThere
I suggest saving up for an Axe-Fx. You can pick one up used for about $1300. Honestly, it sounds better than any POD or any other type of modeling amp I've ever tried!

http://www.fractalaudio.com/index.php

I can't Afford axe Fx....Im 16... I don't Have a real job.
I have to various odd jobs for people like baby sit , mow lawns, move furniture, help around the house with like big projects at my house.
sometimes my dad gives me cash ( i don't live with him, But he randomly gives me a 20$ once a month)
soo I don't really have the income to buy Axe Fx, it would take me like 10 months maybe a year to buy one.
Since I can't get a job till I get my drivers License, Which I wont be able to get till october...sooo Ill just wait till im older to buy that. lol

and everyone else thanks!!
I actually want to contact that guy selling the pod hd500 for 300$, See if we can do a paypal kinda thing where I buy it... But inside I know that won't work

also sorry for sounding like a noob about the podHD and the pod Hd500, I have heard a lot a stuff about both, some saying the pod hd is better than the 500 and VIsa versa.
so I wasn't really sure ahah
Quote by Gabe_Esp
and everyone else thanks!!
I actually want to contact that guy selling the pod hd500 for 300$, See if we can do a paypal kinda thing where I buy it... But inside I know that won't work

also sorry for sounding like a noob about the podHD and the pod Hd500, I have heard a lot a stuff about both, some saying the pod hd is better than the 500 and VIsa versa.
so I wasn't really sure ahah

Worth a shot. Try it.

You're not a noob. Line 6 released several similar products at varying price ranges with varying sets of features. It gets confusing.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by Gabe_Esp
Hey guys,

Im looking into buying either the pod hd500 or the pod hd.

do they have the same features?
or is the pod hd better sounding?
or visa versa?
which one should I be better off buying?

pod hd500. easier to work on, can be used live. podhd is.... super meh.
Quote by Seanthesheep

more like close to 500$. don't exaggerate.
Quote by lemurflames
Worth a shot. Try it.

You're not a noob. Line 6 released several similar products at varying price ranges with varying sets of features. It gets confusing.

Thanks a lot man!
ahah also thanks for not making feel like a noob ahhaha
Quote by Ashe_Mc
more like close to 500$. don't exaggerate.

Nope! My local store over prices everything line 6.

The bean was 440$ before taxes and the hd500 was 580$ before taxes. Also Im in canada so its a bit different too. So Ebay was really rhe only option
I'd go with the -500 if you ever plan on using it live. If it's just for home recording and quiet practice that sounds good, the bean would do, but I'd still prefer the -500 due to the ease of changing presets, etc, without having to press any buttons with my hands while playing. Foot control FTW.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Of course the HD bean is $399 but you also need to add a controller pedal to it
to really be able to use it. Thats another $100-200 (express or shortboard).
Try using the wah in a bean without a pedal (not the auto wah).
Last edited by sparkeyjames at Feb 14, 2012,