I'm looking to get a Gibson Flying V, but I almost choked when I compared street prices in the US vs what they're selling for here in Australia.

My local music store has a second hand Faded V in 7/10 condition tagged at $1400... $1750 new that's pretty crumby when you consider our currencies are at parity... even worse when you can regularly find 2nd hand V's in similar condition listed on US Ebay for $500 - $700 (but not offering shiping to Aus).

I've been hanging out for a month or two on an Ebay option, but seems the 'right' guitar never offers O/S shipping... and i'm sick of waiting.

Can anyone recommend a 'best price' online retailer where I can buy a new Faded V? (Of course, must offer shipping to Aus). New or second hand I don't really mind, as long as the retailer has a reputation to back themselves.
My first thought is to just have a friend help you out. They could buy the guitar and then ship it to you.

Other than that, do the major retailers offer international shipping? GuitarCenter, Sam Ash, ZZSounds, Sweetwater? Give them a shout via email and ask...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
You may be able to buy one cheap from the states, but it will even out if not become more expensive once it hits customs. Plus add shipping on top of that.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
A lot of shops in the US (ie sweet water) can't ship Gibsons internationally because of contract reasons etc, so it may be hard to find a shop that does. Just fyi...
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by Koshman32
You may be able to buy one cheap from the states, but it will even out if not become more expensive once it hits customs. Plus add shipping on top of that.

Not true. Due to US/AU trade agreements taxes/custom duties only kick in if the guitar costs over $1000. I've bought quite a few guitars off US discount retailers/Ebay over the years and it ALWAYS works out a helluva lot cheaper than buying locally - even including the ~$150 shipping charge.

I just can't seem to find any good deals 'right now' on Faded V's, and the options available to me on Ebay aren't replying to my contact.