Hey pit !

I'm currently in the process of choosing what i'll do with my life for the next 30 years and I stumbled accross the audio engineering program at SAE in France. I just wanted to know if someone here did that program and if so I'd like to have feedback

I always dreamt to work in the music industry and I thought maybe it would be a good way to start !

BTW does someone know if it's difficult to emigrate to France from Canada ?

Thx a lot
Have you run your fingers down the wall...

And have you felt your neck skin crawl...
When you're searching for the light ?
If you want to get into the field, I wouldn't spend humongous amounts of money/effort studying. Just try get experience. Be an assistant/rig crew for a PA rental company or something and with any luck people will introduce you to the ins and outs. You'll earn bugger all, or nothing.. but the industry is already crowded and not particularly lucrative.

From personal experience, you can read as much about engineering as you want, but often on the day (especially live) it's trial/error and actually doing it under pressure that teaches you the skills.
Quote by ButtHurt©
If you want to get into the field, I wouldn't spend humongous amounts of money/effort studying. Just try get experience. Be an assistant/rig crew for a PA rental company or something and with any luck people will introduce you to the ins and outs. You'll earn bugger all, or nothing.. but the industry is already crowded and not particularly lucrative.

From personal experience, you can read as much about engineering as you want, but often on the day (especially live) it's trial/error and actually doing it under pressure that teaches you the skills.

This

And also, you don't want to live in France, it's a nice place to visit, but don't live there.
Besides, there are good recording schools in Canada/USA, you don't need to move all the way to Europe really.
Quote by ButtHurt©
If you want to get into the field, I wouldn't spend humongous amounts of money/effort studying

cost humongous big