I'm intonated perfectly at 12, but 1-5 on low E are still too sharp and that's WITH an Earvana. What the hell?
ESP Edwards Explorer - DiMarzio D Activator
ESP LTD V-300 - DiMarzio D Activator
ESP LTD EC-401 - DiMarzio D Activator
Ibanez RG2EX2 - DiMarzio Super Distortion / LiquiFire
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade 100
BOSS NS-2
Hardwire Polyphonic Tuner
How... What...
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Don't press down so hard! You only need to press down hard enough to get the note to ring correctly and sound good. Any harder is just wasted effort.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
^That or the luthier ****ed up the fret spacing somehow (should never ever happen).
EDIT: but just for clarity, most likely that^
Quote by hendrixism
^That or the luthier ****ed up the fret spacing somehow (should never ever happen).
EDIT: but just for clarity, most likely that^

Earvana doesn't fix the even tempered issue totally, it brings the out of tune areas in a little closer. There are also two types of earvana nuts. One type requires no change to you guitar and actually extends some of the strings zerofret out over the fretboard, the other type requires the fingerboard be shortened by a small amount. SO depending on which type you got there is room for error.
Moving on.....
I emailed Earvana and they said that the string slots just need to be filed out a bit. Thanks for the input.
ESP Edwards Explorer - DiMarzio D Activator
ESP LTD V-300 - DiMarzio D Activator
ESP LTD EC-401 - DiMarzio D Activator
Ibanez RG2EX2 - DiMarzio Super Distortion / LiquiFire
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade 100
BOSS NS-2
Hardwire Polyphonic Tuner