Page 1 of 5
A US marine who admitted charges linked to the killing of 24 unarmed Iraqi civilians in 2005 should face no time in detention, a judge has recommended.

The decision by the judge at Camp Pendleton, California, must be approved by the commander of the Marine Corps Forces Central Command.

Sgt Frank Wuterich faced a maximum of three months after admitting dereliction of duty in a plea deal.

He was one of eight marines charged over the killings at Haditha.

The charges against six were dropped or dismissed, and one was acquitted.

Military judge Lt Col David Jones said his hands had been tied by the terms of the plea agreement. However, he said he would recommend that Wuterich's rank be reduced to private.

Among the dead were women, children and elderly people, including a man in a wheelchair.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16712488

TL;DR Bunch of marines go crazy and kill unarmed civilians without being under fire or anything and no one gets punished despite all of them admitting what happened.

Anyone else think this is pretty fucked up? Why are so few people charged with killing civilians? Because it's "war"? That's no excuse. You can't have personnel and drones going around killing civilians left, right and center. You're not sending any kind of message about it being wrong when no one gets punished for it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Jan 25, 2012,
Quote by Kensai

Anyone else think this is pretty fucked up?

Yep.

Quote by Kensai
Why are so few people charged with killing civilians?

The military's biggest interest is itself.

edit: forgot my popcorn,
thanks for the reminder,
guy with Leviathan avatar

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Last edited by moscaespañol at Jan 25, 2012,
That judge seems like a dickwad who was for some reason sympathetic with the marines because of personal ties or something

But I have no proof of that and know nothing about about this case except what was stated in the article

Awaits the imminent shitstorm...
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
How are they any different from the Nazi's? Yay America.
Because, Boobs
The civilians had just pirated music.

Goddamn this is fucked up though.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
This makes me sad and pissed off. It annoys the crap out of me. I would love American soldiers that do things like this to be treated the same way soldiers of any other country would be treated, they should be punished.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by BurningStarlV
FMJ PIC

Damn, I just thought if that too.
Because, Boobs
Idk, friends of mine who have been in Iraq say it can be scary when you don't know which civis want to support you and which want to drag your body through the streets.
It only takes one little spark to start a fire when you're that tense. Can't say what it's like till you're there I guess.
It's ridiculous that people like this get no time when Bradley Manning is getting skull****ed in prison.
Amercafuckyeah etc.

Everyone knows the US military is basically the sith empire without lasers and magic.
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Jan 25, 2012,
Quote by CynX
How are they any different from the Nazi's? Yay America.

Ahh, I love the smell of brilliance in the morning.
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
Quote by due 07
It's ridiculous that people like this get no time when Bradley Manning is getting skull****ed in prison.

The precious government needs to be secure to protect the lives of our brave men and women overseas so they can kill those ungrateful brown people who hate our freedom!
Quote by Kensai

Probably most people.

Why are so few people charged with killing civilians?

Because it's neither in the interest of the army, weapons manufacturers or the politicians they fund that public opinion of the army is lowered. Especially not by such pathetic things like murdering innocent people.

Armies across the world basically rely on the perception that every single soldier is some kind of hero. Granted, a large number of soldiers are outstanding people who help in delivering aid, protecting their fellow citizens from legitimate threats and so on. But there is a huge number of dickwads in every army who do disgusting things and get away with it.

Especially now that questioning the morals of soldiers/the army in general is constantly looked down on as 'unpatriotic', like that's a bad thing.
Last edited by willT08 at Jan 25, 2012,
I don't understand why these guys don't get any time. I'm not in the army, so for those of you who are, why aren't these guys getting time?

Quote by BurningStarlV
*Full Metal Jacket scene*

Just watched that. All I have to say. Cool beans.
We call them terrorists..

Murderer's Elite.

this is sick..
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by willT08
Probably most people.

Because it's neither in the interest of the army, weapons manufacturers or the politicians they fund that public opinion of the army is lowered. Especially not by such pathetic things like murdering innocent people.

Armies across the world basically rely on the perception that every single soldier is some kind of hero. Granted, a large number of soldiers are outstanding people who help in delivering aid, protecting their fellow citizens from legitimate threats and so on. But there is a huge number of dickwads in every army.

No no, don't use words like 'killing civillians', call it collateral damage. It sounds much more sterile and acceptable =]
No more chords Zoot? I was waiting for the leftish Zoot to come back
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
Quote by DukeDeRox
Idk, friends of mine who have been in Iraq say it can be scary when you don't know which civis want to support you and which want to drag your body through the streets.
It only takes one little spark to start a fire when you're that tense. Can't say what it's like till you're there I guess.

Among the dead were women, children and elderly people, including a man in a wheelchair.

If you're the kind of person that can't keep his head cool enough to assess a situation but instead murder everyone infront of you, maybe you shouldn't join the military.

It's completely inexcusable.

Quote by Zoot Allures
No no, don't use words like 'killing civillians', call it collateral damage. It sounds much more sterile and acceptable =]

Yup, when they come to your country and kill civilians they're terrorists and scum of the earth, but when civilians die in another country because of your military it's "collateral damage" and "war".
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Zoot Allures
I've ran out of chords after A, G and C >_>

Em is Nick Cave's favourite, no questions about that?

Quote by moscaespañol
Em is Nick Cave's favourite, no questions about that?

I think i can play Em correctly and if you want to play an E but forget what to do then
Can be got away with.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Jan 25, 2012,
Quote by Kensai
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16712488

TL;DR Bunch of marines go crazy and kill unarmed civilians without being under fire or anything and no one gets punished despite all of them admitting what happened.

Yes
Why are so few people charged with killing civilians? Because it's "war"?

No, because THIS IS AMURICA.

But srsly: I hate my country with a passion that cannot be described in language. There is NO fucking excuse, and all of them should be thrown into a prison over there.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Kensai

Yup, when they come to your country and kill civilians they're terrorists and scum of the earth, but when civilians die in another country because of your military it's "collateral damage" and "war".

QFT

Although I disagree with the guy on most things, Ron Paul made a great ad about this. It basically posed the idea that China has invaded Texas and is occupying it. After doing so they start to try and police as much of the country as they can and completely overhaul the political system claiming they are doing it for the good of the people despite the fact that they are murdering civilians in their thousands.

T'was a good ad, shall try and find a link.

EDIT: Here's the link

Turns out it wasn't made by Ron Paul, but in favour of him.
Last edited by willT08 at Jan 25, 2012,
Quote by Zoot Allures
I've ran out of chords after A, G and C >_>

What about D, or maybe F?

Seriously, I haven't had a debate with someone in a long time on here (Other then the Rep cause we're all such derps)

EDIT: Sounds like Ron Paul was a homefront/Red Dawn fan
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
Last edited by vicarious46 at Jan 25, 2012,
Quote by DukeDeRox

I wonder what it's like to live there...
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
dont worry guys, america wont being have any more overseas adventures any more. we're bankrupt and on the decline. But dont worry, China will be filling that void very soon.
Quote by Zoot Allures
I think i can play Em correctly and if you want to play an E but forget what to do then
Can be got away with.

Em is like this right?
e 7
b 8
g 9
d 9
a 7
e x 

Quote by Kensai
If you're the kind of person that can't keep his head cool enough to assess a situation but instead murder everyone infront of you, maybe you shouldn't join the military.

It's completely inexcusable.

Yeah it takes a certain kinda person to shoot children and disabled that are unarmed. But there's no way of knowing what went down. I don't side with the Marines on this one with the evidence at hand.

If I gave them the benifit of the doubt, the only thing I could think of is they were nervous and thought it was some sort of trap causing them to snap. Kids, elderly, and women have been used before, however, theres no real evidence of that in this case in the news.

Or they just went bat shit and murderd them for no reason.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
I wonder what it's like to live there...

Prolly sucks wondering which soldier/marine is crazy and wants to kill you :p
Last edited by DukeDeRox at Jan 25, 2012,
Civilian casualties happen in war. It's one of the unavoidable parts of war. It's why war is bad. I'm in the army, trust me, we try to avoid it all costs.
But this is murder and I'm pissed to associated with them.
There is a line in war.
Why should he be arrested?

If he hadn't done that, for all you know you could have had another 11/9 on your hands.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
it's my lai all over again
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

If he hadn't done that, for all you know you could have had another 11/9 on your hands.

How do we know one of those people wasn't part of the taliban or al qaeda planning to blow shit up? Maybe, we don't know.
That's what goes through the mind of a soldier.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

No troll today please, I stocked up every other ****ing day of the week.
Quote by willT08
QFT

Although I disagree with the guy on most things, Ron Paul made a great ad about this. It basically posed the idea that China has invaded Texas and is occupying it. After doing so they start to try and police as much of the country as they can and completely overhaul the political system claiming they are doing it for the good of the people despite the fact that they are murdering civilians in their thousands.

T'was a good ad, shall try and find a link.

EDIT: Here's the link

Turns out it wasn't made by Ron Paul, but in favour of him.

For some reason, Ron Paul's ads bring some faith into what he says. I just wish I could agree with the rest of his policies.
Quote by trainspotted11
How do we know one of those people wasn't part of the taliban or al qaeda planning to blow shit up? Maybe, we don't know.

Hmm, in that case these soldiers sound at best dangerously paranoid and possibly even psychotic. Certainly they're dangers to society, we should confine them all to mental institutions in order to keep society safe.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by trainspotted11

And he did the right thing.

Quote by willT08
No troll today please, I stocked up every other ****ing day of the week.

Different opinion=trolling?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Page 1 of 5