So, as seen in my sig, I have a MiM Telecaster and a Schecter C-1 ES. The Schecter is similar to a Les Paul, mahogany body, one piece mahogany neck, dual humbucker, etc., and the Tele is well, a Tele. I can get a fairly heavy sound from the Tele, and can go fairly clean with the C-1. I feel the sounds "mesh" well, and its a versatile set-up. Or is there anything I'm missing?

I was thinking of either buying a semi-hollow, or a 7 string.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
I can't help buy feel that you're trying to show off your guitars.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I can't help buy feel that you're trying to show off your guitars.

I'm not though... I have 2 guitars And I enjoy a lot of music, and I want the gear that would enable me to get the best sounds for what I enjoy.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by AWACS
I'm not though... I have 2 guitars And I enjoy a lot of music, and I want the gear that would enable me to get the best sounds for what I enjoy.

I didn't mean to be cynical or anything it was just the tone of the OP.

It depends on what you want out of your music. If you're doing progressive stuff for example, it'll be hard to cover every possible tonal spectrum no matter how many guitars and amps you have.

On the other end of the spectrum, you may be a punk musician. In which case, you've got 1 guitar that does everything provided it works and the other guitar is for your drummer to smash up on stage.

Make your decision. Clearly punk is more economical.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 25, 2012,
If you're in a band, or will be, you should use the one you like most, use nothing else for awhile, then expand as needed.
If you just want a shiny new guitar, I'd go with a hollowbody, its classic man. I can't think of the model but there's a spiffy new epi hb with a built-in tuner on top 'o the bridge pup, sweet tone, get one of those!