Hey all. I wanted to run into a discussion about Epiphone original guitars; not the LPs, G400, however Epiphone's biological children and/or guitars for those who do not share my irky sense of humor.

Who owns one?

Generally when I talk about Epis with friends, they talk about their LP or something else Gibson created. As much as I like Epis, it seems that there really aren't a lot of people locally that have any high opinion on Epiphones, and if so they aren't "original". (Not as in re-issues, but guitars only Epiphone has made)

I only have one, but I absolutely love it. I was looking for a budget "screw around" guitar under $400. I've always hated the Baseball Bat necks, so Gibsons/Epis were never my style. However, at Guitar Center they had an Epiphone Wilshire that had a neck extremely close to Fender (which is my preference). I was instantly amazed at what was in my hand and the money I wouldn't be giving a lot of if I decided to purchase. It was unique, looked sexy, and flat out rocked. It has been my most-used guitar for a couple weeks now. I play a lot of Punk and Indie type stuff (Think PJ Harvey, Dinosaur jr, Jawbreaker) and makes my utterly useless Marshall amp, well... useful.

This ladies and gentlemen, is the 1966 Epi Wilshire RI

So What the Hell Do YOU Have?
I'm interested to see what the community has for them originals. Maybe a random post in the mix of the NGD and Alliance threads. But an Epi post is rare, and an original Epi post is unseen. I'd like to get my hands on a Coronet for laughs, but I've never begun to think about this possibility. Perhaps others are more fortunate...?

Spill the beans. I saw the Telecaster alliance thread. Where is the love for Epiphone?
There's room for all of God's creatures; Right next to the mashed potatoes.
My Futura. Futura's have never been put into production by Gibson. They only make Futura's if its a one-off custom shop order.

Probably doesn't count.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 25, 2012,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
My Futura. Futura's have never been put into production by Gibson. They only make Futura's if its a one-off custom shop order.

Probably doesn't count.

I've seen one of those at a local music shop, I never thought anything about it but reminds me of an Explorer.
There's room for all of God's creatures; Right next to the mashed potatoes.
Quote by dkeenan
I've seen one of those at a local music shop, I never thought anything about it but reminds me of an Explorer.

From what i understand, the Futura is the original Explorer prototype. But it was never put into production by Gibson.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee