After just 15 min. of practicing I can start to feel the soreness, and it just gets worse and worse. What does this indicate about my classical position posture? What can I do to fix?
I am thinking it means your leaning more on your left than you are your right. Practice standing up. This will fix it for sure.
That's exactly what I thought. I have tried practicing while standing up, but I just can't find the right angle to put my guitar in! I don't have nearly enough reach as I do when I sit. Is this normal? I look at other guitar virtuosos and they don't need to put the guitar as high as I do...
are you playing a classical guitar?
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by Chenryy
That's exactly what I thought. I have tried practicing while standing up, but I just can't find the right angle to put my guitar in! I don't have nearly enough reach as I do when I sit. Is this normal? I look at other guitar virtuosos and they don't need to put the guitar as high as I do...

Implying your a virtuoso? j/k

Standing just takes practice, thats all.
I found it very awkward at first too. Keep at it.
I think there's a topical cream available at most drug stores that should help your problem
How about shifting your behind in the other direction?

I have rarely seen a professional classical player standing while playing, though. It's more accepted to sit in a chair, without the foot rest, than stand.
I played classical guitar for years, sitting, with a stand under my left foot. Never had an issue. Do you ever troll for fish?
Quote by thehikingdude
I played classical guitar for years, sitting, with a stand under my left foot. Never had an issue. Do you ever troll for fish?

This person must be just like you. All people must be just like you. There's no way ANYONE's a$$ should fall asleep if yours doesn't!

Now tell us that you're not allergic to things, so we can be comforted about that too.