Page 1 of 40
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
1,065 IQ
Number four, here we come!

FAQ

Q. When's the deadline?

A. Some time in the summer. That's June/July to you British folk. >_> Uhhh...

Q. What kind of music can I submit?

A. Absolutely anything. But, there's a catch: your song has to be atmospheric. You can submit "standard" post-rock, dream pop, shoegaze, post-metal, sludge, doom, atmospheric black metal, atmospheric pop, atmospheric this, atmospheric that. Get it? ^___^

Q. What kind of a file should I submit, and where?

A. I shall require a lossless file, like a FLAC or WAV or AIFF. The FLAC format is preferred because it's the same thing as a WAV or AIFF, but at a smaller size. You can either post your submission in this thread [host it on MediaFire or SoundCloud or DropBox or something], or [and this only applies if you're insecure >_>], you can send me a PM with a link. I shall also require a proper artist name from you; usernames are alright if you modify them to look like an artist name. For example, CoreysMonster can become Corey's Monster; chaoticfables can become Chaotic Fables. This is because quite a few of us use Last.FM to scrobble our music, and seeing usernames all over the place isn't most pleasing.

Here are the previous planning threads and album releases for reference:

The Ultimate-Guitar Community Post-Rock Album - Planning Thread | Album Release
The Ultimate-Guitar Community Post-Rock Album 2 - Planning Thread | Album Release
The Ultimate-Guitar Community Post-Rock Album 3 - Planning Thread | Album Release
Last edited by hriday_hazarika at Aug 7, 2012,
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Is mayonnaise an instrument?

Are crabcakes considered post rock?

May I please take part in this?
rockfan7
UG's Best Surface Tension
1,525 IQ
You know I'm in Hriday Can this be a shorter album that we get out sooner this time ?_?
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
1,065 IQ
Totally in on this, as always.

Is mayonnaise an instrument?

Are crabcakes considered post rock?

May I please take part in this?

Yes.

Yes.

Atmospheric punk? Hellz to the yeah.

YEEEEE SHOEGAZE
Okay, I'm up for this. Sign me up!

No signing up. All you have to do is submit your song.

You know I'm in Hriday Can this be a shorter album that we get out sooner this time ?_?

All depends on how many songs we get.
Pagan_Poetry
The Twilight Stoned
3,467 IQ
Quote by hriday_hazarika

No signing up. All you have to do is submit your song.

Just whenever?

And this will be interesting. I've been working on a blend of shoegaze and another genre (wont spoil) that I'm not sure has been done before (probably has but I haven't heard it, and no it's not rap), so w00t.

I'll call it the ballad of Jeffrey Stacey, as a tribute to the funniest creepy TCAP victim in history
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe4TIoM4EZg&list=FLsDOaQY7mohyBQdu6Vm9k_Q&index=2&feature=plpp_video
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Quote by hriday_hazarika

Atmospheric punk? Hellz to the yeah.

It will be done.
Jon777
Assbender
1,137 IQ
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I've been working on a blend of shoegaze and another genre (wont spoil) that I'm not sure has been done before (probably has but I haven't heard it, and no it's not rap), so w00t.

Countrygaze? D:
blitzbeast
HIVE MIND
102 IQ
Keen as, will hopefully work with a mate to get something in this time

I also second having a smaller album this time around, more releases > large releases
I like having a regular fix
--- You know I can't have your ghost chips ---
godisasniper
Shh...I'm making noise!
870 IQ
I am going out on a limb and guaranteeing that I will actually submit something this time. I can also help with organization/promotion etc should you need some help on that.

Artist name - Mimic the French
Song title - "Insomniac Dreaming" (well, probably)

Can't friggin' wait, this will be epic as usual. I'm blasting V.3 on my iPod right now

Now, if only I could get my roommates to just leave for a while in about 2 weeks so I can do vocals...

Oh btw, what are rules about language in songs? The one I'm probably doing currently has an F-bomb in the chorus, though that could potentially be altered.

POST-ROCK ON, MY FELLOW SAD-BIRD SHITTERS!
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
1,065 IQ
Quote by godisasniper
I am going out on a limb and guaranteeing that I will actually submit something this time. I can also help with organization/promotion etc should you need some help on that.

Artist name - Mimic the French
Song title - "Insomniac Dreaming" (well, probably)

Can't friggin' wait, this will be epic as usual. I'm blasting V.3 on my iPod right now

Now, if only I could get my roommates to just leave for a while in about 2 weeks so I can do vocals...

Oh btw, what are rules about language in songs? The one I'm probably doing currently has an F-bomb in the chorus, though that could potentially be altered.

POST-ROCK ON, MY FELLOW SAD-BIRD SHITTERS!

I'd definitely appreciate help with promotion. We need to get this shit out to more people.

No language rules. Sing about whatever you want, in as vulgar a manner as you want.

You can sing in a language other than English too, if you want to.
Last edited by hriday_hazarika at Jan 26, 2012,
palm mute
Reserved User
280 IQ
I might be in for this, depends on how soon the deadline is decided. With how popular this is now it is either going to be a mega huge album or a faster deadline I would assume.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
http://soundcloud.com/braedoncarswell/ambient-junk

this is an old recording, but I could do something along the same lines but better fleshed out if anyone likes it.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
1,065 IQ
I might be in for this, depends on how soon the deadline is decided. With how popular this is now it is either going to be a mega huge album or a faster deadline I would assume.

Well, no deadline for now, as usual. It all depends on how many people submit, really. While I like huge albums, there are many people who don't, so I think we'll have a shorter time span this time around. For the past three albums, we've taken roughly a year each. Perhaps we'll do a six-month thang for this one.

http://soundcloud.com/braedoncarswell/ambient-junk

this is an old recording, but I could do something along the same lines but better fleshed out if anyone likes it.

I can't listen right now since I'm listening to album 3, but take your time and make it awesome.
palm mute
Reserved User
280 IQ
Quote by hriday_hazarika

Well, no deadline for now, as usual. It all depends on how many people submit, really. While I like huge albums, there are many people who don't, so I think we'll have a shorter time span this time around. For the past three albums, we've taken roughly a year each. Perhaps we'll do a six-month thang for this one.

That's kind of how I thought it would be. If it ends up being too early for me then I will just lurk the hell out of this one like I have the others
In my heart I'm with you

every night
ali.guitarkid7
Gets Easier
2,302 IQ
Why would I ever want to be part of something like this?
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Ali priori / Ali posteriori
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Jesus christ Ali is a nutcase

I actually feel sorry for him, like seriously, get help
ali.guitarkid7
Gets Easier
2,302 IQ
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Baby, don't go.

You know I'm always in
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Quote by GuitarGod_92

Das_Skittles
Misanthrope
460 IQ
I Will Make Beautiful Noises For This Glorious Endeavor!

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Holy Katana
Anarcho-Awesomist
1,681 IQ
I swear, I'm going to do something this time.

Jesu-ish, since they're basically aural perfection.
ali.guitarkid7
Gets Easier
2,302 IQ
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Always in me.

yeeeaaah

Quote by hriday_hazarika
You're the room.

Quote by Jon777
please be gentle

Damnit.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Quote by GuitarGod_92

OrangeWalls
UG's only Homo Novus
454 IQ
I'm in, too. The last one was (is) really amazing

Also, if anyone needs help mixing or doing fancy stuff, I'll be studying audioenginering from april on (which means I'll be halfway done when this album is released ), so just drop me a message.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
willT08
Banned
2,923 IQ
I'll hopefully get another song or two in on this.

I'm also around to do mixing and mastering for people that aren't too confident doing it, as well as doing drum tracks for people if they need 'em.
EEE_ELLL_OHH
Registered ABUSER!
66 IQ
Off we go again

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

entity0009
UG's Null.
534 IQ
Hriday, would you accept a 25-30 minute track as a submission?

If not I'd have to do a mainstream radio edit.
🙈 🙉 🙊