Looking for a new guitar. Have a stratocaster. A few requirements.....1st. Def want an American made one. 2nd. Kinda want one that comes in Honey Blonde with wood grain showing through. My second or third choice would be black or red and sunburst too. However, my Strat is a Sunburst, so I pretty Mich want a Honey Blonde finish, sunburst or honey blonde makes for a nicer looking guitar. I also want a Tele with the traditional pickup set up with 2 single coil pickups and now humbuckers. I like the '52 Telecaster Reissue a lot but its a little more of a price than I want to pay. But its exactly what I'm looking for. I like that traditional style bridge too. I guess I could get an American Standard with the "Natural" color which is alright, but not quite a Honey Blonde. Just looking for a traditional sounding and looking Tele for country and blues .
Thanks
If you go to the Telecaster forum and ask about Teles, you'll generally hear praise for the American Nocaster, Mexican Baja, and Squier Classic Vibe.

I recently bought a Fender Modern Player Tele, made in China. It's versatile, well built, and is hard to beat for 400. I'd put it over an American Standard any day.

Now let the trolls cry.
Try looking at G&L guitars too. That's the company Leo Fender joined after leaving Fender and they're supposed to be pretty awesome.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by barden1069
Try looking at G&L guitars too. That's the company Leo Fender joined after leaving Fender and they're supposed to be pretty awesome.

+ 1. Sound advice.
Quote by al112987
How much do you have to spend?

He said he can't afford the '52 Reissue, but is comfortable with the Standards.
Just buy a used '52 reissue. Should be around the same price range as an American standard Fender.
wrong forum?
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
You don't want a Tele.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?