I just ordered a new amp and cab. The cab is back ordered. I want to be able to play my new amp but I only have a solid state combo amp. Is there a way to plug the new tube into it and play through it or do I just have to wait?
You can do it if you go straight from the new amp to the speakers of the old amp, totally bypassing the old amp. You may have to make up a speaker lead to match - and check your impedance and power ratings.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
what are the imputs on your solid state amp? obviously you have a guitar imput. is there anything else?
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
I really wouldn't do this. Unless your amp has a speaker cable with a 1/4" plug going to the speaker, your going to royally **** up your new amp. Even if it does make sure the combo's speaker is the correct amount of ohms.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
What kind of amp is it?

My AC15(which is tube, but that seems irrelevant) has an open back and a 1/4" jack that the speaker plugs into, so no solid connections and I could do exactly what you want to do.

So it's possible. It just depends on the way your amp is wired/and if the speaker, cab have matching impedance.