I've had an old Tokai lying around my house for probably over 10 years now and for the past few months I've been considering getting certain parts upgraded.
I'm pretty much thinking about changing everything except the body of the guitar.
I want to buy a new neck (must be maple fingerboard)/tuners/pickups/pots/switch/bridge/input jack

Can anyone tell me where is best to buy this kinda stuff?
I live in Ireland by the way, so closest is best but anywhere is fine really.

Also, looking for good brands on each item. Really haven't got a clue about what pickups I'd go for but I'm looking for something that will give me a Hendrix/SRV/Clapton/Dire Straits/all around blues sound (not very specific I know :P)

If anyone has any suggestions or anything I'd be really grateful

Thanks
for pickups slap some fender texas specials in there.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Allparts has a UK branch. They make absolutely fantastic strat necks. My strat neck is a 21 fret 7.25" vintage radius rosewood neck that I finished myself in tru-oil that just feels incredible. All the other stuff on your list can be gotten at allparts too. Callahan makes the best vintage style strat bridges out there if you want to the high end route. Otherwise, switchcraft switch and jack, CTS pots, all fairly standard stuff, common and available. Make sure you measure your bridge spacing so that you get a bridge that fits.

http://www.allparts.uk.com/online-shop/guitar-bass-parts/bodies-necks/necks/guitar-necks-c-277_1_629_122_123.html?=&sortby=products_name&p=shop&limit=all

For pickups... it really depends on what you're looking for. There are a ton of good makers out there. A few I can think of in the UK are Bareknuckle and Shed pickups.

Otherwise, Fender makes a few good ones too, I like the Custom shop '69s. They're excellent if you're into that Hendrix or that early Pink Floyd "Live at Pompeii" sound. A lot of folks like the Fat '50s. I'm a big fan of Seymour Duncan's antiquity lines, those are going to cost a handful over there, but the Surfer set would probably sound good for what you want to do.
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 26, 2012,
^or fat 60s.

i like the 60s more.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.