Poll: which do you enjoy spending money on most?
Poll Options
View poll results: which do you enjoy spending money on most?
Guitars
27 42%
Amps
23 35%
Pedals
10 15%
something else
5 8%
Voters: 65.
Page 1 of 2
not a bot. don't worry.

you can decide how you want to answer, but one may be $1000 in pedals would make me happier than $1000 on an amp or guitar.

or look at it as one item that drives (not literally) your rig most?

Guitars or
Pedals or
Effects ?
anything else?

i am an amp kind of guy.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Kind of tough, but I probably have to go with amp.

I give no ****s about individual pedals. MIDI is where it's at.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
if i spent a grand in pedal I would have some awesome sounds so yeah. pedals for me.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Guitar or Amp. Depends on what either is...
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
guitar...its the one i touch the most

but then amp at 1000 i could get a pretty sweet amp

edit nvm this

Quote by Cathbard
Components to make amps.
Last edited by supersac at Jan 26, 2012,
Components to make amps.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've bought more guitars than amps, so I guess guitars.

I love buying gear in general, though. Great feeling, from pulling the trigger, to getting the item in your possession, to tweaking it at your leisure.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Great feeling, from pulling the trigger, to getting the item in your possession, to tweaking it at your leisure.

Even better when you've made it yourself.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Even better when you've made it yourself.

I can only imagine.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
1k can sure go a long way on guitars
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I think I am pretty even on being excited for guitars as I am amps. the only pedal that I really want is a space.

I also really like grocery shopping. Food is fun to look at, and eat
Mapz
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Amps, always been much more into how you sound rather than what you're playing.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Hookers give me the most pleasure.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Sushi. Curry.

Also, strings. Given a grand, even with different gauges for different guitars, I would be set for years. Decades, maybe, if you consider bulk discounts. Since I've been playing a decade, I mostly know what I like and don't have to waste money on gambles. Also, guitars/pedlz/mapz can always be tinkered with in a shop before purchase.

I guess my point is that I'd rather have a $1,000 voucher for gasoline than for a new car. My point is also that I'm stupid.

No, but seriously, I'd say amps.
I am a fake mountain.
At the moment, I am on a simple set up kick, so the best bang for a grand for me would be an amp.

A grand on a pedal? Not that much of a cork sniffer to pay that much for one pedal, let alone three although there are many nice pedals to be had. A close second here as I do loves the little boxes.

A grand on a guitar? At some point, a good guitar is a good guitar, and at a $1000 you start entering collectibility territory and it just goes nuts from there. And you can only play one at a time.

A grand on an amp? A lot of possibilities at a grand and you can play more than one amp at a time.
guitars for sure. everything else is just a means to an end to get what ever tone i'm looking for but the guitar is something i actually hold in my hands and interact with. its a much more intimate connection.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
I couldn't get any of the amps I want for $1k, and I'm pretty happy with my board. So I'd get parts from Warmoth to build a guitar, or get a Les Paul Jr and a pedal. Something like that...
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I'm not fussy but guitar and amps tend to give me an equal amount of pleasure while pedals are down a bit but still give me some pleasure.

Buying a guitar or amp is like teh sex
and buying a pedal is like teh jacking it
You're just buying the wrong pedals, my friend.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by coolstoryangus
I'm not fussy but guitar and amps tend to give me an equal amount of pleasure while pedals are down a bit but still give me some pleasure.

+1

EDIT: nice analogy

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 26, 2012,
What can i say dave,
i just had to explain it in the way an average teenager on ug would understand.
Amps. I love the different nuances each amp has, fiddling around with them and finding the specific kind of tone I'm after. I really like playing around with Mesa Boogie amps. They can be a pain to dial in a good tone, but once you do, it's ****ing awesome. Whole lot of fun for me.
Pedulz
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by coolstoryangus
What can i say dave,
i just had to explain it in the way an average teenager on ug would understand.

that'd have required a schecter reference, surely?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a custom Abalone tone knob on my Schecter, so I can coil tap in style.
awesome
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by coolstoryangus
I have a abalone coil tap knob on my schecter too.
it was stock..

Seriously? I was being sarcastic, I didn't think for one second they actually did that lawl. I've officially seen it all.
Page 1 of 2