So lets say that it's thousands of years after the apocalypse, long enough for mother nature to claim back everything and basically sort herself out. You are unfrozen/land on a new earth planet-of-the-apes-style/cast forward in time by a powerful deity, and you stumble across a group of humans, in a world where everyone is all tribal, and for whatever reason, you can't get sick, and once you hit your 60s, you stop aging, and you live forever. You get to create your own society starting from these people, and for the sake of this question, no-one will ever question your leadership. What kind of society will you create and maintain?

Personally, I would build a society based on science and technology, mostly practical, where we will have advanced medical science, and computers, but not personal computers like we have here, where everyone is given an education consisting only of practical lessons that help us maintain our society, like not having shit loads of children etc., where everyone works for the government, who will pay bonuses to people who make breakthroughs in science, or invent something that helps everyone.

But because people only really need to pay for survival necessities, and entertainment will be a very cheap, low profit industry because people will always have a job to keep them busy, people would need less money, therefore allowing a more even spread of wealth.

We would be militarily advanced, only so that we would not have to fight wars, and the military would spend most of their time fighting off wild animals and performing the non-fighting tasks that you see our military performing in this world, until they are needed to fight inevitable wars (humans are a flawed bunch).

EDIT: Also, our power would be generated by wind/hydro/solar right from the start, to avoid the hassle of conversion later on.
Last edited by reidhasguitar at Jan 26, 2012,
lasers, day one
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Pantsless thursdays. Also, every day would be thursday.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
mine would involve muscle cars and hotrods, booze, women and music.

and internet.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
start with symbols for sounds, written language, record keeping, astronomy, mining ore, growing crops, sewing clothes, various survival techniques,
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Mine would involve shooting supermutants and raiders in the face in slo-mo with the Lincoln Repeater before blowing up Megaton.

Sorry, what was the question?
Quote by LivinJoke84
Mine would involve shooting supermutants and raiders in the face in slo-mo with the Lincoln Repeater before blowing up Megaton.

Sorry, what was the question?

The question was, are you willing to venture out of the vault to find us a new water chip? Cause if you aren't, we need to conserve water, so you'll be the first to be killed to slow our consumption.
Quote by reidhasguitar
I meant that YOU are immortal, so that you can rule over everyone forever, but they aren't.

If I'm immortal, wouldn't I realize that claiming stake to a civilization is setting myself up for years and years of getting close to people, then outliving them, so eventually I decide to remove myself from humanity altogether to protect my psyche from depressive loss and realization?
Quote by blake1221
First order of business: prepare for rampant overpopulation due to immortality.

Immortal =/= invincible,

No one "ages" or dies of old age, but they can still die from physical trauma. So we should have a justice department that kills people who are not worthy of living forever.
Music>Statecraft
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Tranquility Lane. If they rebel...failsafe activated. >.>
________ A
________C
________E
________!
I would make things simple, I'd only have four elements: Oxygen, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, and Cork.

cookie to anyone who gets the reference.
Circumcise everyone.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
No one has called OP a communist yet, I'm impressed.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
No one has called OP a communist yet, I'm impressed.

I was actually thinking of saying "Basically, communism.".

Quote by MH400
We have plenty of New Worlds in NZ.

I would create one that lets you in at the actual working age, **** waiting till I'm 17 to get a job that isn't McDonalds.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Circumcise everyone.

We did that already, and this is what transpired:

Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by shattamakar
We did that already, and this is what transpired:

And it turned out awesome.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
And it turned out awesome.

Yep, quite a frat party...

Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Trying to find a Fallout reference to use.... My 1500 hours of play time between F3 and FNV is NOT helping much.

Uuuuuuuummmmmm.... I would start a new government controlling all of the major cities in the area, then I would slowly head west and start to take those areas, even though my troops are already thin. Then I would eventually run into one of those tribes and I would kill them with the help of some girl (always play as chicks) that just pops up out of nowhere.

Then I would get pwned by some giant lizard with claws the size of my head.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Quote by S0n1c '97
Trying to find a Fallout reference to use.... My 1500 hours of play time between F3 and FNV is NOT helping much.

Uuuuuuuummmmmm.... I would start a new government controlling all of the major cities in the area, then I would slowly head west and start to take those areas, even though my troops are already thin. Then I would eventually run into one of those tribes and I would kill them with the help of some girl (always play as chicks) that just pops up out of nowhere.

Then I would get pwned by some giant lizard with claws the size of my head.

Yes, yes, yes. Talk to Razlo, he possesses much more knowledge on the subject than I.
Currency replaced by sex.
Quote by caeser1156
Your dick could still have a chick even if that chick had a dick
I would do the opposite of what TS said. **** that shit.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Circumcise everyone.

This.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by demon.guitarist
I would force everyone to live like Wookies.

Also females would have to dress like Lara Croft - except fatties.

I kinda like this idea. >_>

"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"