Page 1 of 3
Fuck Australia day, and fuck any cunt that thinks of it as anything more than just a day off work.

All it means to me is a bunch of bogan cunts getting drunk, taking their shirts off, getting half-price southern cross tattoos and attacking the immigrants and the natives and telling them to 'get out of our country.'

It's a celebration of genocide and it perpetuates racism.

Does anybody else think of it differently? Is there anybody else with a different perspective of it?
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Jan 26, 2012,
Sounds like Independence Day in Redneck parts of the USA.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Its Republic Day here today.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

does the queen celebrate it?
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Go Streya. You imiigrent **** of sumthin? S my contry.

To be fair though, today it was the natives who caused a semi-violent stir.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
I heard your PM was attacked because of remarks made by the opposition leader.

I wish Ed Milliband could do that.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I used to think that way. And to a degree I still do. But to be honest, we've got 364 other days of the year to focus on all the problems with Australia (and there are a lot of them) so I chose to spend this year celebrating the fact that I could celebrate at all. Because despite all of the many many problems with this country, at least we have the right to say what we believe and at least try to change what we don't like. To me, that in itself is worth celebrating.
Quote by Weybl Himself
I used to think that way. And to a degree I still do. But to be honest, we've got 364 other days of the year to focus on all the problems with Australia (and there are a lot of them) so I chose to spend this year celebrating the fact that I could celebrate at all. Because despite all of the many many problems with this country, at least we have the right to say what we believe and at least try to change what we don't like. To me, that in itself is worth celebrating.

I thought you guys down there didn't have freedom of speech.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Haha idk about UK politics atm but if our right wing party was elected, they would be so far left of Obama he'd be unable to see them.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Is Australia trying to be the next USA?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Eggmond
does the queen celebrate it?

Dat sig.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Ironically enough, if it had been Australia Day yesterday, I wouldn't have thought that there was anything wrong with it, but until talking to a friend today about it, she pointed out (basically) what you wrote, which surprised me that It had never occurred to me before.

As she put it, we are basically giving the Indigenous people of Australia a big "**** you", and celebrating the fact that we stole the land from others. Now before any of you say "then get out of Australia, and move to somewhere where you're happy", I am more than happy here, but I just find it a little sad that we disregard the Indigenous people in this context.

Also (as far as I know!) The British didn't colonise here on this day, so what is there to celebrate. Anyone know why it's on the 26th?
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Quote by lushacrous
Dat sig.

My thoughts exactly.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
worship the mighty squiggle skiwgelf
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Weybl Himself

Well today everybody gets a day off to get drunk and say things like this (except replace America with Australia) to both the natives and the immigrants: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMOcyCLZHBQ

So today is a pretty good day to think about our problems, if you ask me.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

We don't. I almost prefer it that way, though. I might have made this thread to complain about the blatant racism in our society, but our lack of freedom of speech at least stops the spread of neo-nazism, unlike America. I hear the Nazis are getting pretty popular over there of late.
Quote by Dan_5893
That's the day federation occurred. 26th January 1901. I'm foreign and I know this shit.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but it was actually the day the First Fleet landed in 1788.
West Ham United
Quote by King Donkey
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but it was actually the day the First Fleet landed in 1788.

I'm checking this out...for some reason I thought it was another date >_>
Quote by slash_GNR666

No-Apparently it turns out that the First Fleet arrived at Australia on the 18-20th of January 1788. As there are only 6-8 days difference, I'm guessing the 26th does have some relevance, but not the date the first fleet arrived...
Quote by slash_GNR666

Quote by coco-loco
No-Apparently it turns out that the First Fleet arrived at Australia on the 18-20th of January 1788. As there are only 6-8 days difference, I'm guessing the 26th does have some relevance, but not the date the first fleet arrived...

Hm referencing the Wiki article for Australia Day, apparently it was the day they arrived at Sydney Cove. So that makes sense, I guess.

I love how we don't even know what we're celebrating for.
West Ham United
Quote by Dan_5893
That's the day federation occurred. 26th January 1901. I'm foreign and I know this shit.

Next time google before you condescend. Federation was on January 1 1901. 26th was when the first fleet arrived. Hence "Invasion day".
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
It was supposed to be celebrating the day they arrived. Obviously there's some confusion as to the actual date.
Quote by King Donkey

I love how we don't even know what we're celebrating for.

Quote by AgainstYou

Next time google before you condescend. Federation was on January 1 1901. 26th was when the first fleet arrived. Hence "Invasion day".

I know. My sarcasm didn't transfer well. Probably should have rolleyed or something.
Last edited by Dan_5893 at Jan 26, 2012,
Quote by Bastard Son
Copied me

Nah, I hadn't seen yours. I didn't copy, I just elaborated. (Kinda)
Quote by Dan_5893

I know. My sarcasm didn't transfer well. Probably should have rolleyed or something.

Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Apparently Geoffrey Rush is Australian of the Year. I like Pirates of the Carribean so I think I'm okay with that.
West Ham United
Page 1 of 3