I currently own Ibanez Tube King TK999HT and Damage Control Demonizer for distortion.

I'm thinking about getting some mesa tone out but I couldn't afford any mesa's.. after done some research, I found that the closest will be Wampler Triple Wreck. but you know, boutique always come with a price. but still considering..

I heard some Suhr riot but most of them said it is more on Marshall tone.. and some of them said the possibilities's endless..

and some suggest me lovepedal purple plexi 800 but I believe it can't do metal although it's a high gain overdrive..

even some ask me to give a try on Tech 21 Sansamp GT2.. and if im not mistaken that is just a preamp pedal..

My current amp is ibanez tsa15 head+cab.. with 90's centaura hamer slammer series moded with dimarzio d'activator on bridge..

I sold my beloved ehx metal mufff with top boost and have a little regret..

anyway.. need help on making decision.. thanks!
If you loved the Metal Muff, why don't you buy it again? The Tech 21 stuff is good, but you can't expect similar tone from a pedal as a whole amp, of course.
Sorry to tell you, but you're not gonna get magic "mesa" tone from a pedal. If it were that easy nobody would buy a mesa, they'd just spend $100 on the pedal. You may get something somewhat close depending on your amp+pedal combo, but if you want mesa tone... it comes from Petaluma, CA.

Which mesa btw? They all have a different sound.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
I could sell you my Metal Muff...

<.<

>.>
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by jpatan
Sorry to tell you, but you're not gonna get magic "mesa" tone from a pedal. If it were that easy nobody would buy a mesa, they'd just spend $100 on the pedal. You may get something somewhat close depending on your amp+pedal combo, but if you want mesa tone... it comes from Petaluma, CA.

Which mesa btw? They all have a different sound.

yes.. I admit that, therefore I'm looking for a pedal that can get close to that..

I tried Mark V and my jaw dropped.. wuhooo!!! how good is Triple Rectifier? both of them are high gain.. maybe it's a bit similar?

thanks LaidBack but I think I'm over that..
I figured.

Basically your current amp isn't voiced for high gain. Save up and look for a Mesa F-30.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I have a Mark IV, and used to have a triple rec... They're different. The recto generally has a somewhat looser sound with more bottom end.

So, similar... but different. Even the Mark V sounds somewhat different than the IV. Rhythm 2 specifically. (the R2 channel on the V is arguably better than on the IV)

The triple rec is also just a higher wattage version of the dual rec. IMO there's no reason to ever buy a triple rec, unless you need cleans at ear rupturing volume. I only bought mine because I found one at a VERY good price, and actually made a profit on it when I sold it. Older 2 channel recto's are generally thought to sound better than the new 3 channel models.

What kind of budget are you working with here? You may be able to find a used Mesa that sounds epic cheaper than you'd think
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
hah! but that amp offer some cool clean tone..

anyway... I think I should save up for Mini Rectifier? that stuff can scoop some metal out!
Quote by jpatan
I have a Mark IV, and used to have a triple rec... They're different. The recto generally has a somewhat looser sound with more bottom end.

So, similar... but different. Even the Mark V sounds somewhat different than the IV. Rhythm 2 specifically. (the R2 channel on the V is arguably better than on the IV)

The triple rec is also just a higher wattage version of the dual rec. IMO there's no reason to ever buy a triple rec, unless you need cleans at ear rupturing volume. I only bought mine because I found one at a VERY good price, and actually made a profit on it when I sold it. Older 2 channel recto's are generally thought to sound better than the new 3 channel models.

What kind of budget are you working with here? You may be able to find a used Mesa that sounds epic cheaper than you'd think

forgot to mention... It supposed to be in bedroom level. and Triple Rec or Mark V can shake the whole apartment out!

what I thought earlier was, change celestion 70/80 stock speaker to Celestion v30.. and then get some high gain pedal for quick fix.. but since I saw Mesa release Mini Rectifier.. why not I sell Ibanez tsa15h and then do alot of top up for Mini Rec?
The only way you'll get THE Mesa tone, is from a Mesa amp.

Save your money and effort, just save up for a Mesa. If you're willing to risk the fire hazard, you can try for a Poogera.

All the mucking around with pedals will only end up in wasted money, not the Mesa tone.

Another alternative is the AxeFX with a power amp.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jan 26, 2012,
Quote by ragingkitty

Save your money and effort, just save up for a Mesa. If you're willing to risk the fire hazard, you can try for a Poogera.

poogera as in Bugera?

Quote by LaidBack
I'm telling you, an F-30 can do a pretty great high gain tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtYU4nB7Jpc

yeah.. but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDaec7HCOXY

pretty cool eh?

and for the pedal, Wampler triple wreck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE3m-VJfXZw
Last edited by ikantuna at Jan 26, 2012,