Testing the water with this one:

I have recently set up sessionbandonline.com, the next logical step for musicians who want multiple instruments on their tracks and the cost and time savings gained from dealing with a single service provider.

So anyone looking for online session musicians at prices that won't break the bank can come to us.

Im posting here first to gain some feedback and your thoughts as ive been on this forum for a long time and everyone here is almost ideal clients

The website is sessionbandonline.com

Thanks,
Glenn

Custom Built Pearlescent Red Strat

Alpine White Les Paul Copy
Cream Fender Tele Copy
Vox Amps
Last edited by glennthrower at Jan 26, 2012,
Some minor feedback - you have used "your" instead of "you're" or "you are" on the "The Musicians" page, e.g. Under the Drums heading, the final sentence in the paragraph is "But that's why your here right?"

Small nit-picky things but fixing it would make it more professional.

Other than, seems like a good idea. I won't use it personally as I am a hobby player.

Good luck with it!
If I was a player looking to release a serious album and really needed session musicians I would, but at this point in time I'll stick to self-production. Great idea though Like above guy said, just a couple touch ups like that. And you misspelled the URL in the OP
Seems like a great idea. As Daviec said, double-check your grammar and you should be all good to go I reckon
Cheers for the feedback everyone - grammer is being checked and some of its been changed.

Do you think the pricing is about spot on - we have been doing our market research and feel its quite competitive?
Quote by glennthrower
Cheers for the feedback everyone - grammer is being checked and some of its been changed.

Do you think the pricing is about spot on - we have been doing our market research and feel its quite competitive?

I think you should raise your prices but offer an "Internet only discount" to bring the price right back down. Makes me feel like I'm winning something.

Also I might be interested in it. It's difficult to find good sound here.
Quote by glennthrower

._.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
I think it's a pretty good idea, pricing seems reasonable too. I like the "don't pay until you're satisfied" angle, but how would it work? Say I send you guys a score for guitar or piano and ask for some drums and bass added to it, you go away and do all the work and then come back to me. So i'm sitting there, pretending i'm some big dick music exec, looking at you like this

Saying "I really like the track, but it's missing something...." how long would you work with the customer before demanding they pay up?
Thanks for the feedback, I like the discount idea and agree that this needs work. I guess we can adjust prices as we go and see what happens, early adopters will get this discount as they are helping us perfect the service.

Yes, the 'don't pay till your satisfied' idea is used by many online services like this as a guarantee. We feel its the best way to make sure people are happy paying money to people they have never met face to face.

The sample tracks provided are of a low bit rate, are unmixed and are accompanied by a low volume continuos noise, this way it is impossible (or not worth the annoyance) to use the sample tracks on any release. And obviously, if we feel a customer is taking advantage of it and asking for hundreds of versions we can just say no. We will discuss each project over the phone with the customer and will hopefully be able to detect any people like you describe above.

What do you think to the musicians profile page? Would you be more likely to use the service if you knew the names and CV's of specific musicians? We have set it out how it is currently so that we may bring individual musicians in on a case by case basis.

If you want to be kept up do date on the progress of the site, we do have a Facebook page here http://www.facebook.com/sessionbandonline

Thanks again guys, mush appreciated!

Custom Built Pearlescent Red Strat

Alpine White Les Paul Copy
Cream Fender Tele Copy
Vox Amps
Quote by glennthrower
The sample tracks provided are of a low bit rate, are unmixed and are accompanied by a low volume continuos noise, this way it is impossible (or not worth the annoyance) to use the sample tracks on any release.

What do you think to the musicians profile page? Would you be more likely to use the service if you knew the names and CV's of specific musicians?

Sorry I don't currently have a use for the page so I'm just going to help out by being nitpicky about grammar.

It seems like a cool idea though and the prices are fair.
West Ham United