Budget? - 750$

Genres? - Jazz, metal and everything in between, would love an alter bridge like tone.

New or Used? - New, I could buy an used amp if it was a really good deal but i really prefer new

Home or Gig? - Most of the times home but i will probably also gig with it, since i want a tube amp i think the wattage should be around 30-50 watts right? or is that too loud?

Closest City? - Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Current Gear? - ESP LTD M-100FM, BOSS DS-2

I would reaaaally like a combo tube amp, i have used transistor amps before but i want something new now , I prefer a combo because else i have to spend a lot of money on the right cabinet.

Thank you all!

P.S. Excuse me for the lack of correct grammar in this thread but english is not my first language
RIG:

Yamaha EG112
Fender Frontman 25R
Boss DS-2

Soon:
ESP LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30W
P.S. Don't mind my signature saying that i use a yamaha, it's old
RIG:

Yamaha EG112
Fender Frontman 25R
Boss DS-2

Soon:
ESP LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30W
I'd say no more than 30 watts if you are going tube.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
@Most_Triumphant

Yeah i was considering that too, i saw some good traynor amps but they were all 50 watts..
RIG:

Yamaha EG112
Fender Frontman 25R
Boss DS-2

Soon:
ESP LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30W
You don't necessarily have to spend lots on a cab, you can get a harley benton 2x12 for 200 Euros's. Make sure you put euro's aswell instead of dollars as it confuses people. I'd suggest this: http://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_20h.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm
and one of these to boost it for playing metal: http://www.thomann.de/gb/digitech_bad_monkey.htm

or if you don't want a head and cab i'd recommend this if you can afford it: http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_6505_plus_112_combo.htm

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Last edited by blything09 at Jan 26, 2012,
@blything09

Thanks for your reply!

Sorry about the whole euro thing, but normally gear in the USA is the same price as gear in the EU. Let's say an amplifier in the USA costs 800$, it will cost 800 euros in the EU,
fukkin logic

But that amp looks really nice (the jet city one), it also suggeste me a creative pack where you get a Burgera 4x12 cabinet with it for only 355 euros!

Oh and about the bad monkey pedal, I don't really get it how that can boost your gain.. i mean it's an od pedal, but a od pedal over your amp gain will sound very strange right?
RIG:

Yamaha EG112
Fender Frontman 25R
Boss DS-2

Soon:
ESP LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30W
Are you sure you've not mixed dollars with pounds? If an amp was $800 it would be around £500 and Euros's are similar in price to pounds so you may have gotten that mixed up.

Anyway I wouldn't recommend getting the Bugera 4x12, if you do decide on the creative pack get the Harley benton vintage 4x12, it has the same speakers as Orange cabs.

It won't sound strange at all, it will sound alot better for heavier music. On the OD pedal you're not using the gain knob on it, you'll just use the level knob and that will boost your amp's gain. I use one to boost my valveking and it sounds alot better.

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
@cemges

I really don't like the marshall amps, and i just bought this guitar so i won't be buying a new one :P

@blything
Ok!, I will go with the harley benton one!
And i just found that out about the od pedals :P all makes sense now!

Thank you for all the help!
RIG:

Yamaha EG112
Fender Frontman 25R
Boss DS-2

Soon:
ESP LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30W
Blything: I think what he meant was: If something costs $800, it's 800 euros in EU because of fuck knows. Stuff seems to be more expensive here. E.g. a new JVM 410h is $1400 and 1400 euro (at least in Sweden).

Anyway, used Peavey Ultra/XXX/JSX if you can find one.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by AtaBorMan
Blything: I think what he meant was: If something costs $800, it's 800 euros in EU because of fuck knows. Stuff seems to be more expensive here. E.g. a new JVM 410h is $1400 and 1400 euro (at least in Sweden).

Exaclty,

And i'll try to find some used ones but not sure if i will find them
RIG:

Yamaha EG112
Fender Frontman 25R
Boss DS-2

Soon:
ESP LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30W
(Invalid img)

I can get this for 500 euros, used

It's the peavey valveking 100 + a 4x12 cabinet

Should i buy it?
RIG:

Yamaha EG112
Fender Frontman 25R
Boss DS-2

Soon:
ESP LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30W
Nah. The Valveking's rather meh, and peavey cabs are rubbish. Keep looking!
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by AtaBorMan
Nah. The Valveking's rather meh, and peavey cabs are rubbish. Keep looking!

Thanks!, On it!
RIG:

Yamaha EG112
Fender Frontman 25R
Boss DS-2

Soon:
ESP LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30W
Found a Ibanez TSA with cabinet and footswitch for 440 euros. (cabinet is 1x12)
RIG:

Yamaha EG112
Fender Frontman 25R
Boss DS-2

Soon:
ESP LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30W
I wouldn't grab that. The ones I recommended are ones that I think will sound good for you. Amps not recommended in the thread are usually not what you're looking for.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by AtaBorMan
I wouldn't grab that. The ones I recommended are ones that I think will sound good for you. Amps not recommended in the thread are usually not what you're looking for.

True that,
well i was just browsing trough some second handed amps hoping for a good deal :P

Thanks for the help!
RIG:

Yamaha EG112
Fender Frontman 25R
Boss DS-2

Soon:
ESP LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30W
The only real advice when trying to decide what equipment you want is to go to as many shops as possible and try all the options available. Then you can work out which is best for you and come to your own conclusion rather than just assuming your opinion is going to be the same as a random bunch of strangers found on the internet.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud